No announcement yet.

2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies place 2B Jean Segura on the 10-day IL with a strained right quad.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• OF Scott Kingery recently underwent right shoulder surgery for a torn labrum and is out for the season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tyler Anderson to the Phillies happened almost 2 hours ago....I guess if it doesnt happen to the Padres it gets crickets around here?

The Phillies are sending catcher Abraham Gutierrez and RHP Cristian Hernandez to the Pirates in return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Tyler Anderson to the Phillies happened almost 2 hours ago....I guess if it doesnt happen to the Padres it gets crickets around here?

The Phillies are sending catcher Abraham Gutierrez and RHP Cristian Hernandez to the Pirates in return.
          and??

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Tyler Anderson to the Phillies happened almost 2 hours ago....I guess if it doesnt happen to the Padres it gets crickets around here?

Not so fast....
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Absolutely dominating performance by Wheeler. CG shutout of the Mets. 11 K, 2 H, 1 BB. 108 pitches. ERA now is 2.42 and his WHIP is 0.99 and he leads MLB in Ks now w 181. Definitely a legit CY contender now.

Edit: Oh yeah, all 11 Ks were swinging!

Comment

• first Phillie to retire 22 straight batters since the perfect game of Roy Halladay - whose number was retired by the team in pre-game ceremonies.

up there with Don Larsen being at Yankee Stadium for another perfect game - the one by David Wells, who as it happens went to the same high school as Larsen almost 3000 miles away because, well, why wouldn't he have?
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Phillies swept the Mets this weekend, knocking them from 1st place to 3rd. They've won 8 straight and lead the NL East by 2 G. Hottest team in the majors now.

Comment

• Alec Bohm demoted to AAA

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Phillies swept the Mets this weekend, knocking them from 1st place to 3rd. They've won 8 straight and lead the NL East by 2 G. Hottest team in the majors now.
                      aged like milk.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        aged like milk.
                        That comment is so cheesy
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          It's whey beyond what is usually posted here.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Does Bohm make it back to Philly this season? I would assume he'll get a Nick Solak-like stint, maybe 2-3 weeks, then return in mid-September if he was hitting and fielding well.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              It's whey beyond what is usually posted here.
                              That pun is udderly ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Kev has you all spoiled.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X