2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Philadelphia signs Chad Gaudin to a minor league contract with an invitation to major league spring training.

This isn't a bad move at all. If he pitches like he did last year, he can be valuable in a swingman role. I thought he could have done better than a minor league deal, though.
    OPE! He failed his physical and he's gone.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Hamels not sure he will be ready to pitch in April http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ers-a-setback/

Comment

They're not doing an MRI, so there's little chance this is a structural injury that will keep him out for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Man, Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez is getting beaten like a redheaded stepchild so far. No control to speak of on top of it. Looks like there's no way in hell he'll start in the majors now even with Hamels ailing, right?
          I would think that is the case. Rotation should be Lee-Burnett-Kendrick-Hernandez (aka Carmona)-Pettibone to start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            I would think that is the case. Rotation should be Lee-Burnett-Kendrick-Hernandez (aka Carmona)-Pettibone to start the season.
            Pettibone has been hurt, and unless he starts throwing soon, I do not see him ready by April 10th or whenever it is they need a 5th starter. I think that they'll take a flier on some fringy AAAA guy who gets cut by someone towards the end of spring training.

Comment

Want to take a flyer on the #5 SP? Try David Buchanan, 25yo RHP. He has done very well so far to a 0.67 WHIP and .182 BAA. A college pitcher, he seems very mature and has nice stuff, good poise. It's early, but someone off the radar to look at.
              Bearin' up!

Comment

Pettibone said today that he's targeting to be ready by April 13th, the day that the Phillies need a 5th starter for the first time.

Comment

Is Ryne Sandberg already losing the Phillies' clubhouse? A few scouts also think the team is "terrible.":

"Ryne Sandberg vs. Jimmy Rollins is the main event, but as one former Phillies player said, "You could see that coming from a mile away." Maybe, but spring-training stories don't get much juicier than a Hall of Famer-turned-manager trying to exert control over a franchise icon who long ago grew too comfortable. Still, this developing soap opera almost misses the point.

The scouts' early reviews on the Phillies are in. And to put it kindly, they are less than glowing. "They're awful," said one. "Painful to watch," said another.

"Their window didn't close slowly -- it shut," said a third."

Get MLB news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

Rollins <> "The Phillies Clubhouse." Rollins has always done his own thing.

If Sandberg loses Utley, that's a different story.

Comment

Agreed. Rollins is not a leader and never was. His behavior was enabled because he performed and the team was winning, but now that he's aging and the team has slipped, suddenly he's a problem. He may be a problem to Sandberg, but I don't think he drives the team apart. I think Utley and Howard are more leader-types and if he alienates them, he's in trouble.

Comment

Amaro claims that Rollins is their SS and there is no way that he will be traded.

Which means Rollins will probably be traded (though not until after he breaks the club record for hits.)

Comment

I've always thought of Rollins as the yang to Utley's yin. He's the guy that keeps it fun and light. They don't need him to do Utley's job which is make sure everyone busts their ass.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Hamels good day today - possible nice discount in auctions this weekend?
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Shut the fuck up!

Comment

after last night's bull-pen meltdown everyone in philly is looking at kenny giles in reading (AA). 99mph FB, 6 innings, 5 saves, 1 hit to start the season. Best of all, he's got a -.47 FIP, so basically if he pitches the top of the 9th down by a run, his team comes to bat in the bottom of the 9th tied (1).

1) joke stolen from phuturephillies.com comments section

Comment

Working...
                                X