2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Kyle Wright has hit 4 batters in 4 innings.

And Ender Inciarte pulled up running to 3rd, looked like a pulled hammy.
    Assuming Inciarte hits the IL with this, where do the Braves go? Riley can play left, and Acuna can shift to center, but you can't put noodle-arm Ozuna in right. Heredia, who is already up, was the last OF on the 40-man, but Soroka can probably go to the 60-day IL at this point. Is it Michael Harris or Drew Waters time?

Comment

• Braves place OF Ender Inciarte on the 10-day IL with a strained left hamstring.

Braves place RP Sean Newcomb on the 10-day IL. No reason given.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• we have a first-place owner with current ILs for Fried, Smyly, Lamet, Lorenzen, KMarte, CWalker, and Wong (with LThomas just demoted).
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Sean Kazmar, Jr., recalled by the Braves for his first major league action since 2008. If he gets in a game (and he'll likely be the first pinch hitter today), it will be the longest time between appearances since 1950--longer than the breaks before the promotional appearances of Minoso and Satchel Paige.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            we have a first-place owner with current ILs for Fried, Smyly, Lamet, Lorenzen, KMarte, CWalker, and Wong (with LThomas just demoted).
            Maybe he would like to trade with a rebuilder?

Comment

• I see what you did there...
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Now Acuna out injured and Swanson hurting after a HBP. The Braves might now have any of their real players left soon. This is getting ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  Now Acuna out injured and Swanson hurting after a HBP. The Braves might now have any of their real players left soon. This is getting ugly.
                  If they could keep playing the Cubs, they might not need any real players.

Did they give a report on Acuna? Looked like a minor strain to me, but you can never tell...
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    If they could keep playing the Cubs, they might not need any real players.

Did they give a report on Acuna? Looked like a minor strain to me, but you can never tell...
                    Lower abdominal muscle pain. I am sure they won't know what it really is until they run the scans and tests. Not really clear. The way there seemed to be an issue with his belt buckle made me worry he did something serious like rupture his spleen landing on the buckle wrong, but apparently they don't think that is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      Now Acuna out injured and Swanson hurting after a HBP. The Braves might now have any of their real players left soon. This is getting ugly.
                      It's been a bad week for player injuries and COVID issues.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Travis d’Arnaud out until at least late July with a thumb sprain.

Comment

• Ligament tear. Most of season

Comment

• Mike Soroka has continued soreness and needs exploratory surgery on his heel, so he's out until July now, and it's looking like a lost season for him.

Comment

• Maybe Charlie Morton was right to consider retirement.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Maybe Charlie Morton was right to consider retirement.
                                I think he turns it around to a degree. He has been very unlucky to this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X