No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday’s game between the Braves and Nationals has been postponed due to Tropical Storm Ophelia.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Braves place Charlie Morton on the 15-day IL with right index finger inflammation.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• USA Today did an article today that says Ronald Acuna's season is the most valuable fantasy season of all-time. More valuable than any season by Rickey Henderson, Pedro Martinez, Barry Bonds or A-Rod. They say according to BaseballHQ, his season has been worth $60. I had the first pick in my NL League and I got chided for taking him over Trea Turner. He's been phenomenal. I wont win this league but I have a chance to finish 2nd, despite being lousy overall in the power categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          USA Today did an article today that says Ronald Acuna's season is the most valuable fantasy season of all-time. More valuable than any season by Rickey Henderson, Pedro Martinez, Barry Bonds or A-Rod. They say according to BaseballHQ, his season has been worth $60. I had the first pick in my NL League and I got chided for taking him over Trea Turner. He's been phenomenal. I wont win this league but I have a chance to finish 2nd, despite being lousy overall in the power categories.
          Razzball has Aaron Judge's 2022 as being worth $62.90 when using BA, followed by Cobb 1909 $59, Ruth 1921 $56, Wagner 1908 $55.60 and Gehrig 1931 $55.20.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Razzball has Aaron Judge's 2022 as being worth $62.90 when using BA, followed by Cobb 1909 $59, Ruth 1921 $56, Wagner 1908 $55.60 and Gehrig 1931 $55.20.
            Razzball also has Acuna's 2023 as $69.60 though. So significantly more valuable than Judge's 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Harris seems like a buy low, he's walking more than '22, striking out less, hitting the ball just as hard. He was hurt which I assume had a negative effect and his babip is way down. I dont see any reason to expect less than what we expected coming into the year at this point?
              Fun to come back and see these sometimes. Harris hit .318/.348/.525 with 17 HR and 16 SB since this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Today, Matt Olson set a new record for HR in a season for a Braves player w his 52nd. Next club record on the radar is the RBI record. the modern Braves record is 135 set by Eddie Mathews in 1953. Olson now has 129 so he seems a cinch to break this record also.
                And tonite, Olson does indeed break this club record also w his 135th and 136th RBI. Also, now 54 HR.

Comment

• Surprisingly, we do indeed have a 20-G winner in MLB. Spencer Strider recovered from a bad 1st inning to win his 20th tonite. Finishes w a 20-5 record, a 3.86 ERA and 281 Ks, which also leads MLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    The Braves now have 232 home runs in 120 games and are on pace to break the regular season record of 307 home runs held by the 2019 Twins.
                    The Braves now have 305 home runs going into the final game of the season. They need three more to break the 2019 Twins record.

Matt Olson has played in all 161 games so far. And Acuna and Riley have played 158 games. Not sure if they play in today's meaningless game.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Most Runs Scored In A Season 1937-2023

Jeff Bagwell (2000) 152
                      Joe Dimaggio (1937) 151
                      Ted Williams (1949) 150
                      Ronald Acuna (2023) 149

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Most Runs Scored In A Season 1937-2023

Jeff Bagwell (2000) 152
                        Joe Dimaggio (1937) 151
                        Ted Williams (1949) 150
                        Ronald Acuna (2023) 149
                        Not bad company

Comment

The Braves now have 305 home runs going into the final game of the season. They need three more to break the 2019 Twins record.

Matt Olson has played in all 161 games so far. And Acuna and Riley have played 158 games. Not sure if they play in today's meaningless game.
                          Braves hit 2 more HR today (both by Ozuna) to tie the team HR record for a season.

Ozuna has had a nice bounceback season after 2 straight mediocre to bad ones. Career hi in HR (40), .900+ OPS, 2nd best season of his career.

Comment

• Eddie Rosario came within inches of hitting the record-tying home run yesterday, which would have been a neat story, since he was also part of the 2019 Twins team.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Most Runs Scored In A Season 1937-2023

Jeff Bagwell (2000) 152
                              Joe Dimaggio (1937) 151
                              Ted Williams (1949) 150
                              Ronald Acuna (2023) 149
                              Acuna's stats are fun.

Only 149? That's the fewest runs ever in a 40/70 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Acuna's stats are fun.

Only 149? That's the fewest runs ever in a 40/70 season.
                                I would argue it's the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X