2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Whatever Garcia's desires, Wood is the better pitcher at this point. The Braves would be foolish to want Garcia to pitch more innings than Wood. The fanbase would be very upset with that move as well. Also, the coaches seem to love Wood's passion and competitiveness. I'm a Wood owner who has been reading as much as possible on this, and based on the love shown by fans and coaches for Wood as a starter, I'd be very surprised if Wood isn't a starter for most of this year. Gavin Floyd's eventual return does give me some pause, but I think/hope Wood will have performed well enough by then for it to be a non-issue.
    I think your vested ownership of Wood is clouding your perspective a tad. These are the Braves and they usually do right by their pitching, especially when it means not rushing a young arm. We can argue whether or not Wood is being rushed at this point. He pitched 139 innings last year, across three levels and so I would definitely not expect him to be a 200-inning pitcher in 2014, but he has little prove on the farm, for sure. They have other options (made thinner by Medlen's injury, no doubt) and I think the Braves will protect him by going to Garcia and making sure Wood doesn't pile on too many innings. The Braves know what they are doing and if they aren't proclaiming him a starter from Day One, they are probably doing so because they know something we don't. I think he'll start plenty this year, but not all year, and not 200 innings. He'll be The Guy next year.

Comment

Beachy topping out at 88 today - https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/443087583086936064

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        He also left early due to tightness in his triceps. I don't think we have to worry about whether Garcia or Wood starts the season in the rotation, but whether there will be anybody else healthy enough to join them.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          He also left early due to tightness in his triceps. I don't think we have to worry about whether Garcia or Wood starts the season in the rotation, but whether there will be anybody else healthy enough to join them.
          Yeah, their pitching depth seems to have dried up quickly. I guess this is reminder 3568 that you can never have too much pitching.

Comment

Beachy officially to have TJ surgery.

Minor out until the second half of April. Worth holding on to for $11 in a 10-owner, 16-MLB team (some AL, some NL) league?
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

So does rhd or anyone here have a good take on David Hale? What's this guy's upside as an NL only (and Beachy replacement) play?

Comment

With Floyd, Garcia, Wood, Teheran, Minor, and Ervin Santana floating around at various times in the year, he's probably out of the rotation pretty quickly. I don't think he's anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  With Floyd, Garcia, Wood, Teheran, Minor, and Ervin Santana floating around at various times in the year, he's probably out of the rotation pretty quickly. I don't think he's anything special.
                  Braves released Garcia today.

Comment

They also are rumored to be about to sign Aaron Harang...so all is not peachy yet for Hale.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      They also are rumored to be about to sign Aaron Harang.
                      Done deal.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

2K15: Atlanta Braves

Why in the world did the Braves sign Nick Markakis for 4 years and $44 million if they didn't plan on competing for the next few years? Just curious!

Comment

stupid - my son's favorite shirt was his OsoBlanco Braves jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                            Why in the world did the Braves sign Nick Markakis for 4 years and $44 million if they didn't plan on competing for the next few years? Just curious!
                            Well, he's having neck surgery anyway, so maybe they thought they were getting him at a discount since he won't contribute for the first month of 2015.

Who takes over in LF now that they've traded away Upton and Gattis? MLB.com has Zoilo Almonte which is LOL-worthy. Maybe they'll sign Aoki too.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Well, he's having neck surgery anyway, so maybe they thought they were getting him at a discount since he won't contribute for the first month of 2015.

Who takes over in LF now that they've traded away Upton and Gattis? MLB.com has Zoilo Almonte which is LOL-worthy. Maybe they'll sign Aoki too.
                              What's sad is that Aoki is probably the best free agent OF still available. I suspect they'l make another trade.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

they are so so bad at hitting - it is stupefying

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/depth/_/...atlanta-braves

Comment

Working...
                                X