2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Carp is a good comp (unfortunately) - he pitched 17 innings after TOS and then retired.
    Josh Beckett is another good comp. He pitched one more season after his surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Carp is a good comp (unfortunately) - he pitched 17 innings after TOS and then retired.
      Geez, I guess "a while" is a relative term. This surgery is the harbinger of (baseball) death! Poor Stras.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Trea Turner removed from the game...I'd be shocked if he is dealt at the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          Trea Turner removed from the game...I'd be shocked if he is dealt at the deadline.
          Shit..I'm hearing LA get's him and Max for a boatload Lux, Goslin, Ruiz and others

I hope I'm hearing wrong
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Watching the game, didn't look like an injury... Stay tuned!
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Shit..I'm hearing LA get's him and Max for a boatload Lux, Goslin, Ruiz and others

I hope I'm hearing wrong
              I hope your right as it would cause other big trades around the league...or at least in Cali

Comment

I hope I'm hearing wrong
                That's a boatload? Maybe for either Max or Turner, but not both.

Comment

• Turner with covid

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    Turner with covid
                    Yeah! I was WRONG!
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I hope I'm hearing wrong
                      Your breaking news rep just took a hit!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Your breaking news rep just took a hit!
                        no shit, they were talking about this--earlier this afternoon and then Turner comes out of the game and then--someone on RJ infected Trey just to scuttle my scoop!!

I hope he's OK, I'm still not sure why anyone is unvaccinated in pro sports, seems like a losing gamble in every sense.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

no shit, they were talking about this--earlier this afternoon and then Turner comes out of the game and then--someone on RJ infected Trey just to scuttle my scoop!!

I hope he's OK, I'm still not sure why anyone is unvaccinated in pro sports, seems like a losing gamble in every sense.
                          He doesn't necessarily have to have been unvaccinated, as we just saw with yelich.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            He doesn't necessarily have to have been unvaccinated, as we just saw with yelich.
                            Very true, what a world.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Stephen Strasburg is undergoing thoracic outlet surgery. Yikes.
                              I own him in a keep forever league. He is now on long term IR to free up a roster spot. I guess that's the only play here, as he is only a lottery ticket to a dumper. If someone better goes down I may need to cut Stras loose (and may want to do that anyway).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Joe Ross to the IL with a torn UCL. He has already had one TJ surgery.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X