Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationals closer....hmmmm.....
    Rotoworld says:
    "Drew Storen was pulled from a Grapefruit League appearance Monday with an apparent injury."
    So who do you like if both Storen and Janssen are injured? There's Aaron Barret, Craig Stammen, Matt Thornton...if you had to pick one to nab via waivers, who would you take for saves?

Comment

As a Phillies fan and a Giles owner...

PLEASE trade for Papelbon... PLEASE trade for Papelbon...
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        As a Phillies fan and a Giles owner...

PLEASE trade for Papelbon... PLEASE trade for Papelbon...
        I find that difficult to believe...they would go back to Soriano first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Nationals closer....hmmmm.....
          Rotoworld says:
          So who do you like if both Storen and Janssen are injured? There's Aaron Barret, Craig Stammen, Matt Thornton...if you had to pick one to nab via waivers, who would you take for saves?
          I think I'd go with Barrett.

Comment

turns out it was just a blister on storen's foot. false alarm.

Comment

The Nationals are not having a great spring. There are holes in the bullpen and in the everyday offense, even after all the injured players come back (and who knows how long Rendon will be on the shelf)?

I think we are going to see this team lose a lot of 3-1 games where the other team scores its runs in the sixth, seventh, or eighth inning (except on days like today where the Marlins are beating up on JZimm). [And I think the Marlins are going to surprise a lot of folks who have not been paying attention].

As a Nats fan and STH, I sure hope I am wrong.

Comment

Let's not forget, they do have Roark back there in the bullpen. He could be a stabilizer.

But I do agree with you - their depth is getting exposed. I actually like the Dan Dekker move, but I'm not sure they could spare another functional RP right now (they traded Blevins for him)

Comment

I'm surprised they haven't tossed a 1-year deal at Soriano
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    I'm surprised they haven't tossed a 1-year deal at Soriano
                    I'd think that bridge is burnt.
                    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Rendon expected to miss about 3 weeks of the reg season, as per Heyman.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone View Post
                        The Nationals are not having a great spring. There are holes in the bullpen and in the everyday offense, even after all the injured players come back (and who knows how long Rendon will be on the shelf)?

I think we are going to see this team lose a lot of 3-1 games where the other team scores its runs in the sixth, seventh, or eighth inning (except on days like today where the Marlins are beating up on JZimm). [And I think the Marlins are going to surprise a lot of folks who have not been paying attention].

As a Nats fan and STH, I sure hope I am wrong.
                        Mets 3, Nats 1 ... runs score in 6th and 7th ... the sky is falling ...

Comment

Mets 3, Nats 1 ... runs score in 6th and 7th ... the sky is falling ...
                          Three losses where opponents tie the game or take the lead with runs in 6th, 7th, or 8th innings.

Today is the third time in seven games (really the fourth) in which a Desmond fielding miscue leads to critical runs for the opposing team).

It's a long season and most likely the ship will be righted, but for a fan this is excruciating.

Silver lining is that if things go bad enough, they can trade Desmond, Zimmermann and Span and reload the prospects for later.

Comment

Three losses where opponents tie the game or take the lead with runs in 6th, 7th, or 8th innings.

Today is the third time in seven games (really the fourth) in which a Desmond fielding miscue leads to critical runs for the opposing team).

It's a long season and most likely the ship will be righted, but for a fan this is excruciating.

Silver lining is that if things go bad enough, they can trade Desmond, Zimmermann and Span and reload the prospects for later.
                            So we already have a Nats fan who's thinking about trading good players for prospects? Yay baseball season!

Comment

Bullpenner Craig Stammen out for the season with a flexor tear.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Let's not forget, they do have Roark back there in the bullpen. He could be a stabilizer.

But I do agree with you - their depth is getting exposed. I actually like the Dan Dekker move, but I'm not sure they could spare another functional RP right now (they traded Blevins for him)
                                Any reason to believe Roark will do much this year for a standard 12 team mixed league

Cecil is out there - along with a bunch of medium level starters - lohse - porcello - peralta - tillman - leake - etc

Comment

Working...
                                X