2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I believe you are thinking of Addison Russell. He was suspended for 40 games.
    Yeah...I dont think Castro even played for the Cubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Yeah...I dont think Castro even played for the Cubs.
      He played for the Cubs from 2010-2015. He was an All Star 3 of those years.

Comment

This from a 2012 Chicago Tribune story.

Cook County prosecutors have declined to charge Starlin Castro over accusations by a woman that the Cubs shortstop sexually assaulted her at his Chicago home last fall.

Sally Daly, a spokeswoman with the state's attorney's office, said Friday there was insufficient evidence to charge Castro with wrongdoing following a “comprehensive review” of the allegations by Chicago police and prosecutors.

Police interviewed the alleged victim as well as other witnesses but did not take the matter to a grand jury because of the lack of evidence, according to Daly.

“All of the facts of the case were examined very closely,” she said. “The review of the case was exhaustive.”
        Thanks that’s what I was remembering

Comment

He played for the Cubs from 2010-2015. He was an All Star 3 of those years.
          That will teach me to rely on my shitty brain versus baseball reference

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            That will teach me to rely on my shitty brain versus baseball reference
            S.Castro in Cubs

Comment

• Carter Kieboom is getting called up to fill Mercer's spot on the roster. Kieboom was struggling in AAA. So, i wouldn't expect much from him. But, i guess he does know how to draw a walk.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Max Scherzer has been scratched from his Saturday start against the Orioles due to right triceps discomfort.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Stephen Strasburg is undergoing thoracic outlet surgery. Yikes.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Stephen Strasburg is undergoing thoracic outlet surgery. Yikes.
                    Quick, name a pitcher who was successful at the MLB level after TOS surgery....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Matt Harv.....err, Phil Hugh......uh.....Clayton Rich.....um......Chris Arch....well.......
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Jaime Garcia & Matt Harrison!

(I had to look that one up)

Comment

• Stras has only pitched in 7 games since his mega contract signing. He has a 5.74 ERA in those games.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Jaime Garcia & Matt Harrison!

(I had to look that one up)
                            Agree, Garcia was good in 2015 after the surgery and then pretty much downhill from there, done after his age 31 season.

Harrison had 2 good years in 2011 and 2012, and he was done after his age 29 season.

Stras is already 33.

This looks really bad. If you have Stras in keeper or dynasty I don't see much downside in selling. Selling low is better than selling for 0.

Comment

• Merrill Kelly has done okay after TOS. Chris Carpenter, iirc, pitched for a while after the procedure (I think?).

Tyson Ross is another guy who never came back successfully. Not looking great for Stras, that's for sure. Perhaps the most electric amateur pitcher in my lifetime but just can't stay healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Chris Carpenter, iirc, pitched for a while after the procedure (I think?).
                                Carp is a good comp (unfortunately) - he pitched 17 innings after TOS and then retired.

Comment

Working...
                                X