2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Ohhh neat, I've never witnessed a mirror test in realtime.
    I used to feel special that I belonged to a species capable of passing this test, until I learned some birds and fish have passed it too. So now I have to rely on my fantasy baseball prowess to differentiate me from the common rabble species. So, I need Patrick Corbin to keep pitching well or those magpies and cleaner fish will think they are just as good as me, and I cannot have that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I used to feel special that I belonged to a species capable of passing this test
      I thought this was going a completely different direction with that opening - along the lines of current events making you wonder whether the whole species is capable of passing it

This is the Washington thread, there's politics bleed-over right

Comment

I thought this was going a completely different direction with that opening - along the lines of current events making you wonder whether the whole species is capable of passing it

This is the Washington thread, there's politics bleed-over right
        Oh well, all that other stuff just increases my confidence that our type of intelligence is not, ultimately, evolutionarily advantageous. There is no freaking way we make it 1/10th as long as the dinosaurs did. We might not make it till next Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Oh well, all that other stuff just increases my confidence that our type of intelligence is not, ultimately, evolutionarily advantageous. There is no freaking way we make it 1/10th as long as the dinosaurs did. We might not make it till next Tuesday.
          That kinda devalues two start pitchers then, no?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            That kinda devalues two start pitchers then, no?
            Always Next Tuesday. This week is fine.

Comment

Always Next Tuesday. This week is fine.
              You're Jehovah's Witness too?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Nationals place OF Victor Robles on the 10-day IL with a right ankle sprain.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Nationals place OF Victor Robles on the 10-day IL with a right ankle sprain.
                  Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Nationals place OF Victor Robles on the 10-day IL with a right ankle sprain.
                    He's been total garbage since the start of last season.

Comment

• Max out after 12 pitches..........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• "smoke 'em if you got him" dept

06.11... Max Scherzer was removed from Friday's start against the Giants in the first inning due to an apparent injury.
                        Spin: Ugh. The right-hander threw just 12 pitches in this one before being visited by the team trainer and eventually removed after throwing a warm up pitch. It's unclear exactly what the issue is, but Scherzer was seen going down to a squat and wincing in pain before the trainer and manager Dave Martinez rushed out. Expect the Nationals to provide an update on his status as soon as one becomes available.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          "smoke 'em if you got him" dept

06.11... Max Scherzer was removed from Friday's start against the Giants in the first inning due to an apparent injury.
                          Spin: Ugh. The right-hander threw just 12 pitches in this one before being visited by the team trainer and eventually removed after throwing a warm up pitch. It's unclear exactly what the issue is, but Scherzer was seen going down to a squat and wincing in pain before the trainer and manager Dave Martinez rushed out. Expect the Nationals to provide an update on his status as soon as one becomes available.
                          Yeah I said that already

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I can’t remember the last time a player was more en fuego than Kyle Schwarber is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I can’t remember the last time a player was more en fuego than Kyle Schwarber is now.
                              Nor I and, incredibly, I picked him up right as he got hot.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                I can’t remember the last time a player was more en fuego than Kyle Schwarber is now.
                                All credit is due to the return of Baby Shark who drives this team to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X