No announcement yet.

2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good time to buy low on Strasburg or is he broken?

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      Well the .403 BABIP says I'm probably buying. But it's a bit of a cautious buy. K/9 down from 10.1 to 8.6, BB/9 up from 1.8 to 2.6, groundball rate flat. FIP is lower than last year, but xFIP is a lot higher.

Velocity seems OK. He seems to be throwing more 4 seamers and less 2 seamers. Swinging strike rate overall is down significantly (11.2% last year, 6.8% this year). That's worrisome. He's giving up more contact and getting less chases.

Comment

Dan Uggla making the Braves pay for his demise -- he absolutely crushed a Grilli softball to take a 13-12 lead in this crazy game. Nats were down 9-1 at one point.

Comment

I roster Uggla alllll year in my NL-only hoping for some cheap pop. Finally decided that Cory Spangenberg was a better upside play and dropped Uggla...yesterday. Thanks for the .220 OBP ya bum!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Dan Uggla making the Braves pay for his demise -- he absolutely crushed a Grilli softball to take a 13-12 lead in this crazy game. Nats were down 9-1 at one point.
            One of the worst pitches I have ever seen. Grilli has Uggla 0-2 and throws a meatball down the middle. Uh, how about a slider or two outside the zone??

Comment

Stephen Strasburg, WTF?

Comment

Um, broken, I guess?
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Um, broken, I guess?
                  During his final inning, he looked like he tweaked his back. They showed him massaging it while he was still on the mound.

Comment

F*ck your sh*t, Strasburg! (I'm pretty excited that this is my first year owning him since his rookie season )

Comment

Might need its own thread, but Doug Fister was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right forearm tightness (rut roh that's a dreaded diagnosis).

They called up AJ Cole to take his place on the roster, which is distressing to someone (me) who has held Roark for a month and half waiting for this moment. Perhaps Cole will join the bullpen as a long man in Roark's place...perhaps Cole makes a start to give Roark time to stretch out. IF that idiot Matt Williams leaves Roark in the pen...well I'll think he's an idiot and all.

Comment

tough to hold on to Roark. talent is fine - though I'm not quite as bullish - but opportunity, too, is coin of the realm. if Cole gets 2 starts, even in deep NL leagues Roark would be a tough keep unless you have a loooong bench.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Is Strausburg the new Lincecum?

Comment

Is Strausburg the new Lincecum?
                            Jesus, that would suck. I dealt Betts for him in my dynasty league this offseason. Talk about a Bobby Buzzkill :P

Comment

Linecum was a velo loss issue. Stras is command. Look at these numbers on his pitch types

His secondary stuff has gone from elite to meat

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                Linecum was a velo loss issue. Stras is command. Look at these numbers on his pitch types

His secondary stuff has gone from elite to meat
                                For those of us without a bench, do we drop him or ride it out and hope he becomes elite again?

Comment

Working...
                                X