• Show
Clear All

• Yordan has 3 HRs into the 5th inning so far

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Yordan has 3 HRs into the 5th inning so far
      Was just going to post this. Verlander doing ok as well
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Was just going to post this. Verlander doing ok as well
        Although he just gave up a hit
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Although he just gave up a hit
          I guess he didn't. Pulled after 5
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yordan has 3 HRs into the 5th inning so far
            Singled in the 7th. Probably no chance for a 4th HR now since the Astros are up at home 5-0.

Comment

• Why is there talk of Javier getting bumped from the rotation? He looks like the Astros 2nd or 3rd best starting pitcher to me.

I would rank them:
              1. Verlander
              2. Valdez
              2. Javier
              4. Garcia
              5. McCullers
              6. Urquidy
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Why is there talk of Javier getting bumped from the rotation? He looks like the Astros 2nd or 3rd best starting pitcher to me.

I would rank them:
                1. Verlander
                2. Valdez
                2. Javier
                4. Garcia
                5. McCullers
                6. Urquidy
                Dont forget Hunter Brown and also Forrest Whitley will be healthy eventually, I guess. Talk about an embarrassment of riches!

Yeah I have Javier as a $1 keeper. I dont know why they would bump him but it might happen. They need to trade 1-2 of these guys.
                Last edited by rhd; 09-24-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Framber w a gem tonite. CGSO, 6 H, 1 BB, 8 K and his 15th win, which is 2nd in the AL only to teammate Verlander. Did you know that his 25 QS leads MLB by 4? He has only 2 starts this year that werent a QS.
                  Framber actually had 25 straight QS's which set an MLB record previously held by Jacob DeGrom. But the streak ended tonite, as he's given up 7 runs (4 ER) thru 5.3 IP so far.

Comment

• James Click won't return as Astros GM after rejecting their 1-year contract offer.

Comment

James Click won't return as Astros GM after rejecting their 1-year contract offer.
                      Wonder if Mr. Crane is calling 1-800-STEARNS.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The Astros resign RP Rafael Montero for 3 years/$34.5 million
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Astros think Altuve broke his thumb on a HBP today

Comment

Astros think Altuve broke his thumb on a HBP today
                            Keepers were due in my local league Saturday night and one guy kept Altuve for $25. As commish I'm going to offer him the chance to pick a replacement. I did the same thing for the Chris Sale ($65) owner a few years ago. I hate to see anyone have their title chances sunk before the season even starts. Everyone in my league seems to be ok with it since they know it could happen to them one day. I just hope no more keepers get hurt this week as we get closer to our auction next Sunday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Keepers were due in my local league Saturday night and one guy kept Altuve for $25. As commish I'm going to offer him the chance to pick a replacement. I did the same thing for the Chris Sale ($65) owner a few years ago. I hate to see anyone have their title chances sunk before the season even starts. Everyone in my league seems to be ok with it since they know it could happen to them one day. I just hope no more keepers get hurt this week as we get closer to our auction next Sunday.
                              In my main league, we allow GMs to throw back one keeper for a $2 auction penalty between the keeper date and the auction date. It has been used for just such occasions. Unfortunately, the GM who kept Altuve didn't know about the injury until the auction had already started this morning, so couldn't take advantage of the possibility. He's hoping for a quick recovery!
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

My rule in all the keeper leagues I commish (baseball & football) is you can always toss someone back after the keeper deadline, but you can't replace him.

Comment

Working...
                                X