2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Wow, that's amazing. Didnt know that. He throws sinkers 50.8% of the time this year, just about the same as his career avg of 50.1%.
    It's interesting that FanGraphs and Baseball-Reference have different interpretations of what a "flyball" is -- FG has it as anything that's not a groundball, BBR has it as flyballs + line drives.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      what a "flyball" is -- FG has it as anything that's not a flyball
      not a ... ground ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        not a ... ground ball?
        That came out wrong, lol.

On FG, line drives are separate on the player profile pages -- although in their article on Valdez, they include line drives as groundballs. But on BBR, they include line drives as flyballs, so the GB/FB ratio is vastly different on either site.

Perhaps not in the conventional sense, but in one that is indicative of Valdez’s many talents.

Comment

• Yordan Alvarez gets 6/$115M. I mean, the kid is good but he's no Josh Fields.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Yordan Alvarez gets 6/$115M. I mean, the kid is good but he's no Josh Fields.
            Nice....
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Verlander is the 1st in MLB w 10 wins w another sparkling performance today. This guy is indestructible!

Also, Yordan carried off the field after a collision. Awaiting details. Would be a shame if he missed significant time during such a monster season.

Comment

• Javier w another gem tonite. Game is ongoing but he has a big lead and has thrown 99 pitches so I'm sure he's finished. 7.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R (Ohtani HR), 0 BB and 14 K. So in his last 2 starts, he's 14.0 IP, 1 H (!!), 1 R, 1 BB, 27 K (!!) and will have 2 W. I took a flyer on him in one league for $1. As of now, he's providing the 2nd most excess value for my team.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Michael Brantley will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to repair a labrum tear in his right shoulder.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yordan Alvarez was pulled in the 5th inning and sent to the hospital after having breathing problems.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Astros place RHP Justin Verlander on the 15-day injured list, retroactive to August 29, with a right calf injury. Seems like a convenient way to manage his innings during his first year back from TJ.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Astros place RHP Justin Verlander on the 15-day injured list, retroactive to August 29, with a right calf injury. Seems like a convenient way to manage his innings during his first year back from TJ.
                          Sure but also seems like he was hurting a bit.

Comment

• Makes sense on all accounts - Mr. Kate Upton isn't a spring chicken anymore, he's just off major arm surgery, and the Astros want him firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Framber w a gem tonite. CGSO, 6 H, 1 BB, 8 K and his 15th win, which is 2nd in the AL only to teammate Verlander. Did you know that his 25 QS leads MLB by 4? He has only 2 starts this year that werent a QS.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                Framber w a gem tonite. CGSO, 6 H, 1 BB, 8 K and his 15th win, which is 2nd in the AL only to teammate Verlander. Did you know that his 25 QS leads MLB by 4? He has only 2 starts this year that werent a QS.
                                Framber is a ground ball machine. And he's developed another pitch - I'm not sure if it's a cutter or a different type of change - that's helped him even more against RH hitters.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X