2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Jose Altuve has 8 home runs in his last 10 games.
    Because I traded him 14 days ago...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Because I traded him 14 days ago...
      And I thank you

Comment

• Pressly gets Elvis for the 3rd out and the ball game is over!

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Pressly gets Elvis for the 3rd out and the ball game is over!
          Did he leave the building

Comment

• About to be a disastrous loss for the Astros tonite. They were leading 7-0 early but Seattle cut the lead to 8-7 going into the bottom of the 8th. The BP just gave up a GS to Dylan Moore to fall behind 11-8. The Astros need to get some BP help before the deadline.

Edit: Astros go quietly in the 8th and lose 11-8.
            Last edited by rhd; 07-27-2021, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Astros acquired Kendall Graveman & Rafael Montero from Seattle for Abraham Toro & Joe Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Astros acquired Kendall Graveman & Rafael Montero from Seattle for Abraham Toro & Joe Smith
                Love this deal for the Astros. They must have seen my post from yesterday .

Comment

• And now, according to RW, the Astros will acquire Yimi Garcia form the Marlins for minor leaguer Bryan De La Cruz.

Edit: Trade has been reported now. Marlins also receive pitcher Austin Pruitt.
                  Last edited by rhd; 07-28-2021, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Wow, the Astros just rebuilt their bullpen in less than 24 hours!
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And further added to the rebuild of the bullpen by dealing Myles Straw to Cleveland for Phil Maton.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Astros sign CI/MI/OF Marwin Gonzalez to a minor league contract.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I wonder if the Goodrum signing is a hedge against Pena.

Comment

• Jake Odorizzi, who's actually pitched quite well of late, buckled his knee while covering 1st base and had to be carted off the field. Seems like he may be out a while.

Comment

• Framber Valdez has allowed just EIGHT fly balls all season long for a GB/FB ratio of 10.00. This after last season where he set the record for highest GB/FB ratio at 4.73.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Framber Valdez has allowed just EIGHT fly balls all season long for a GB/FB ratio of 10.00. This after last season where he set the record for highest GB/FB ratio at 4.73.
                                Wow, that's amazing. Didnt know that. He throws sinkers 50.8% of the time this year, just about the same as his career avg of 50.1%.

Comment

Working...
                                X