2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    And Starling Marte got hit in the head with a pitch. He ran the bases for himself, but was pulled for a defensive replacement the next inning. So, Marte could end up missing a few games.
    RW reported that Marte is OK. He still might sit out a game as a precaution.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Disastrous loss for the A's tonite. Leading 8-2 going to the bottom of the 8th, former closer Lou Trivino gives up 6 runs, including a game-tying GS by Lourdes Gurriel. A's then retake the lead 10-8 in the 9th only to have newly-anointed closer Sergio Romo give up a game-winning 3-run HR to Marcus Semien w/o retiring a batter. The loss coupled w the RedSox' win puts them 3 games out for the 2nd wild card.
      This was the moment I turned off the game.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• The announcers on tonite's MLB YT game (LAA v. Oak) said that if Starling Marte ends up leading MLB in both BA and SB, it will the 1st time this has happened since Ty Cobb in 1917. Coming into tonite's game, he led in both categories (.321 and 45).

Comment

• If you own Matt Olson and have said to yourself, 'wow, it seems all of his HRs are solo shots" you're really not wrong.

Since May 18 (HR #10), 21 of his 27 HRs have been solo shots.

For the entire season, only 11 of his 37 HRs have come with men on base.

So with a little luck, he'd have had far more than his current 104 RBIs.

Comment

• Interesting... or maybe it could be (in part) that with men on base pitchers are more likely to pitch around him? Someone with a higher pitch f/x wizardry level than myself could probably offer an answer to that.

Comment

• More on Melvin leaving the A's: https://sports.yahoo.com/bob-melvin-...005907901.html

Money quote:
              I can't forecast where the A's are going to go and what they're going to do. There are limitations, there has been talk about what the team needs to do, not only now but in the future, there [are] restrictions of how things can go in Oakland and then when there's a conversation and someone calls on you and you get a chance to go somewhere else and you have a conversation, sometimes things transpire.
              Likely translation: The A's are gonna burn it down and go cheap.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                More on Melvin leaving the A's: https://sports.yahoo.com/bob-melvin-...005907901.html

Money quote:

Likely translation: The A's are gonna burn it down and go cheap.
                Or: "Business as Usual."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Or: "Business as Usual."
                  True, though I thought they'd have one more year where they'd go for it. Their starting pitching is really solid from top to bottom - even their #5, Cole Irvin is a very serviceable SP. Bullpen is better than average. Yeah, they need a couple more hitters, but even with Chapman, Murphy, and Andrus having terrible seasons, they still finished 10th overall in runs scored.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Attendance is brutally low. Granted it's the Orioles on weekdays, but hovering around the 3,000 mark.

Comment

• Dany Jimenez meltdown...era approaching 4. AJ Puk pitching well with an era just above 1. Potential closer change ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Dany Jimenez meltdown...era approaching 4. AJ Puk pitching well with an era just above 1. Potential closer change ?
                        I traded for Jimenez last week.

You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I traded for Jimenez last week.

You're welcome.
                          Thanks...and maybe let me know who else you are trading for
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The highest BA in today's Oakland lineup was .237 (Laureano). MLB avg is .242 so everyone in the lineup was below average. Not sure I've seen that before. They have the lowest BA of any MLB team at .209 (Pittsburgh is next at .219) and also the lowest OPS at .599 (Detroit is next at .625).

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X