X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post

And he's been optioned to AAA......
    Wow!!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Wow!!
      I heard that this was not performance-related but because he wore a symbol on his armband indicating his support for a group that wants to keep the A's in Oakland. He did well in the 3 regular season games he played and his stats were not particularly bad in ST.

Comment

• It is being reported that the A's will play in Sacramento's Sutter Health Park in 2025-27, w an option for a 4th season in case their new permanent stadium is ready by 2028. This deal supposedly will allow them to retain some part of their local broadcasting revenue. This park supposedly has a capacity of only about 14,000 (?!), which includes the lawn seats beyond the outfield. Really small capacity but w the lack of fan interest in seeing the A's might still very seldom, if ever, sell out.

Edit; Someone mentioned that the MLBPA will have to approve playing in this stadium if it is not up to MLB standards, which it almost certainly isnt. I dont know how many modifications/improvements would have to happen to get it up to standards.
        Last edited by rhd; 04-04-2024, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

I heard that this was not performance-related but because he wore a symbol on his armband indicating his support for a group that wants to keep the A's in Oakland. He did well in the 3 regular season games he played and his stats were not particularly bad in ST.
          Conspiracy theory. Manager Mark Kotsay has also worn the same wristband during games.

Comment

It is being reported that the A's will play in Sacramento's Sutter Health Park in 2025-27, w an option for a 4th season in case their new permanent stadium is ready by 2028. This deal supposedly will allow them to retain some part of their local broadcasting revenue. This park supposedly has a capacity of only about 14,000 (?!), which includes the lawn seats beyond the outfield. Really small capacity but w the lack of fan interest in seeing the A's might still very seldom, if ever, sell out.
            depending on price, I think it will absolutely sell out. It's a nice park, in a nice part of town, with great seats for MLB ball? Worth it just to see the visiting teams!

I'm tempted to get season tickets.

the only negative is that it gets wicked hot in the summer sometimes
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Conspiracy theory. Manager Mark Kotsay has also worn the same wristband during games.
              Well, it's just something that I heard so it's a rumor. Have no idea whether it's true or not. But how does your statement that the manager also wears the same arm band prove anything? You cant send the manager to the minors. What is your theory on why he was sent down?

Comment

You cant send the manager to the minors.
                Why not

Comment

• The A's will officially be playing in Sacramento for the next 3 or 4 seasons, and more notably, not be called the Sacramento A's, or the Oakland A's, but simply The A's. LOL.

Comment

You cant send the manager to the minors.
                    That would make for a very interesting press conference.

Team GM: "We sent (insert manager name) down to Triple-A so he can work on some things that will make him a better manager. We want him to learn that he doesn't have to use all nine relief pitchers in the same game and that defensive replacements can't hit and that starting pitchers don't need pulled at 95 pitches after a 1-2-3 sixth inning and that hitters don't need the next day off after going 4-4. Hopefully, he can improve on these things and earn a promotion back to the big league club."
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

That would make for a very interesting press conference.

Team GM: "We sent (insert manager name) down to Triple-A so he can work on some things that will make him a better manager. We want him to learn that he doesn't have to use all nine relief pitchers in the same game and that defensive replacements can't hit and that starting pitchers don't need pulled at 95 pitches after a 1-2-3 sixth inning and that hitters don't need the next day off after going 4-4. Hopefully, he can improve on these things and earn a promotion back to the big league club."
                      "It has come to our attention that a career winning percentage of less than .400 for a manger, while cheap, is not what some would call 'good'. Ideally while he's in Triple A someone reminds him that we prefer to win as opposed to losing."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

"It has come to our attention that a career winning percentage of less than .400 for a manger, while cheap, is not what some would call 'good'. Ideally while he's in Triple A someone reminds him that we prefer to win as opposed to losing."
                        But does A's ownership really prefer to win? All evidence is to the contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

But does A's ownership really prefer to win? All evidence is to the contrary.
                          With the total eclipse of 2034 behind us, the Athletic management team looks forward to a competitive baseball team and fielding a championship team for Oakland, Sacramento, and Las vegas fans who have supported us thru these difficult times
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The A's will officially be playing in Sacramento for the next 3 or 4 seasons, and more notably, not be called the Sacramento A's, or the Oakland A's, but simply The A's. LOL.
                            They should change the team name to the "Aces" when they move to Las Vegas. Then they could be known as the Aces on the Oasis.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

They should change the team name to the "Aces" when they move to Las Vegas. Then they could be known as the Aces on the Oasis.
                              The WNBA Champion Las Vegas Aces would probably not be happy

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

With the total eclipse of 2034 behind us, the Athletic management team looks forward to a competitive baseball team and fielding a championship team for Oakland, Sacramento, and Las vegas fans who have supported us thru these difficult times
                                You think they will finally get around to trying to win in 10 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X