2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Ohtani hit HR #32 today, which makes him the all-time single-season HR leader for a Japanese import. With about half of the season yet to be played. Could he hit 60?
    At this point, I'm willing to believe he can do just about anything on a baseball field. This season is destined to go down as one of the greatest ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      At this point, I'm willing to believe he can do just about anything on a baseball field. This season is destined to go down as one of the greatest ever.
      I'm happy I grabbed him in as many of my leagues as possible in the off-season, however I stupidly dealt him in one which may cost me a title
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        I'm happy I grabbed him in as many of my leagues as possible in the off-season, however I stupidly dealt him in one which may cost me a title
        I have him in one league but it is a weekly league and I can have him only as a pitcher or as a hitter, not both at the same time. As good a pitcher as he's been, he's been much more valuable as a hitter, but because I need innings I've had to use him almost exclusively as a pitcher and have missed most of his hitting stats. I can keep him for 1 more year and I will try to get enough pitching next year so I dont have to activate him as a pitcher that often. If only this was a daily league!

Comment

I have him in one league but it is a weekly league and I can have him only as a pitcher or as a hitter, not both at the same time. As good a pitcher as he's been, he's been much more valuable as a hitter, but because I need innings I've had to use him almost exclusively as a pitcher and have missed most of his hitting stats. I can keep him for 1 more year and I will try to get enough pitching next year so I dont have to activate him as a pitcher that often. If only this was a daily league!
          I traded Vlad Jr for him in my daily league and have Y. Alvarez as my fill in DH, so far so good, but I never expected either Vlad nor Ohtani to be as good as they have been. I grabbed him off season in RJEL on a 26X (final year) contract for a 2nd rd pick. Picked him and Wilson Contreras up for Casey Mize and Robert Hassell in my Dynasty league but then flipped him early for DJ LeMahiue and J Urquidy so I'm 1 for 1 with a push. I wish I has waited on that last deal 4/14 but I'm a reactionary dealer to my demise/benefit.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            I traded Vlad Jr for him in my daily league and have Y. Alvarez as my fill in DH, so far so good, but I never expected either Vlad nor Ohtani to be as good as they have been. I grabbed him off season in RJEL on a 26X (final year) contract for a 2nd rd pick. Picked him and Wilson Contreras up for Casey Mize and Robert Hassell in my Dynasty league but then flipped him early for DJ LeMahiue and J Urquidy so I'm 1 for 1 with a push. I wish I has waited on that last deal 4/14 but I'm a reactionary dealer to my demise/benefit.
            Who did????
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• #33 tonite for Ohtani. He's on a pace to hit 61 HR for the season, which many would say would tie the "legitimate" single season record.

Comment

#33 tonite for Ohtani. He's on a pace to hit 61 HR for the season, which many would say would tie the "legitimate" single season record.
                Do you think that after the substance ban we may have a few players on track for 61?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If Ohtani the hitter faced Ohtani the pitcher, what do you think would happen?
                  During the AS game festivities, the MLB Channel people asked him this very question and he said the Ohtani the hitter would probably win.

Comment

• Angels sign Adam Eaton. Free Jo Adell.

Comment

• Just got tickets to Angels vs A's on Monday. Ohtani is listed as the probable pitcher right now.

Many Oakland stadium is a hole. I've got first section behind the Visitor's dugout, 8 rows back for $65 a piece.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• David Fletcher's hit streak is up to 26 games.

Comment

• Brandon Marsh is getting the call today, kind of a surprise sine he's been hurt most of the year. Jo Adell owners not happy...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I have my doubts that the Angels know what they're doing.

They signed Dexter Fowler early, brought on Juan Lagares, then Adam Eaton. Marsh & Adell aren't better than that?
                            And how can the pass on Kumar Rocker with the pitching they have now?

Comment

• gah. Shohei pitched well last night, but that bullpen is brutal.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by the heat View Post
                                I have my doubts that the Angels know what they're doing.

And how can the pass on Kumar Rocker with the pitching they have now?
                                The word was out on Rocker and his elbow issues, so I am glad they did not take the risk to pick him.

Comment

Working...
                                X