2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the word on Rendon?

Todd Zola tells that Rendon was recently taken just outside the top 100, but he has no details on his condition. Is there any word around LA?
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      What is the word on Rendon?

Todd Zola tells that Rendon was recently taken just outside the top 100, but he has no details on his condition. Is there any word around LA?
      I was in LA recently and heard nothing
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Well, nothing about Rendon
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I had an image of you walking down Hollywood Blvd with your fingers in your ears yelling "BLAH BLAH BLAH ... " but then I realized that you just would have looked normal there ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Angels ditch Justin Upton and said they'd be giving significant time to the youngsters. Adell and Marsh starting in the OF with Trout and Ward, who I like as an under the radar deep league option a lot, backing them up.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Been thinking about Ward as a FAAB pickup. What do you like about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Been thinking about Ward as a FAAB pickup. What do you like about him?
                He has an undisclosed injury so I would wait on that.

Comment

• Thor looking very, very good tonight. Throwing every pitch and nailing all the off speed stuff, fastball reaching 96.

Comment

• Who is “Taylor Ward” and why is he hitting like Mike Trout?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Who is “Taylor Ward” and why is he hitting like Mike Trout?
                      Answer — he’s the guy who forced Jo Adell back to the minors. Buhbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Been thinking about Ward as a FAAB pickup. What do you like about him?
                        Damn, just realized I never responded to this inquiry (and probably burned you through my omission). Sorry, bro! Mostly I liked his insane minor league #s in 2019 and 2021. He then held his own in 21 in a half season, so he was at a minimum not outmatched at the highest level. His BABIP right now is well over .400 so obvious regression is coming, but the dude has looked legit for several years now.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Bene favorite Jared Walsh has been kind of a dumpster fire so far this year but is picking it up now - he's another late bloomer type, a la Ward, with a moderately different skillset. His OPS is now above .700 and he's squaring up pretty consistently. Buy low opportunity, imo.

Comment

• After offering Ward 2 weeks ago straight up for Mitch Keller in my 16tm redraft, which was thankfully declined (hello!!), and turning down Ian Anderson straight up for him, I dealt him today for Nathan Eovaldi. I drafted Ward 481st overall (rd 32) and traded him for Eovaldi, drafted 149th overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              After offering Ward 2 weeks ago straight up for Mitch Keller in my 16tm redraft, which was thankfully declined (hello!!), and turning down Ian Anderson straight up for him, I dealt him today for Nathan Eovaldi. I drafted Ward 481st overall (rd 32) and traded him for Eovaldi, drafted 149th overall.
                              Nice. I think Ward is a legit late bloomer type, but of course he will cool way the heck down sooner or later--probably sooner. I think his overall line ends up pretty solid on the year, kinda like Walsh last year, but if you needed pitching, Eovaldi is a good get for him. ROS, Eovaldi should have an edge on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X