No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the fabled 1927 WS champion Yankees used a total of 25 players all season - 15 batters and 10 pitchers (one of whom only got into 1 game).

the 1970 WS champion Orioles only used 12 pitchers (one of whom only got into 4 games).
    they used 20 batters - but only 14 got more than 40 PA (Don Baylor and Johnny Oates being among the six who only got a cup of coffee)

so 25 players plus 7 cups of coffee for those O's
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      That is nuts, but, of course, part of what is in play here is the fact that teams use way more pitchers in his era than they used to.
      Wouldn't more pitchers make it harder to get a higher percentage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Wouldn't more pitchers make it harder to get a higher percentage?
        No. It's a % of all pitchers to throw in a MLB game, so the long ago guys make up a much smaller proportion of the denominator.

Ty Cobb faces 100 different pitchers, Pujols faces 500. Neither face 1,400. Total pitchers is 2,000. At best Cobb gets 100/2000; Pujols only needs to get a hit in 101/500 to get a higher % than Cobb.

Comment

• Last night's Angels lineup with OPS

Fletcher 576
          Ohtani 967
          Trout 1224
          Walsh 970
          Iglesias 630
          T Ward 143
          K Suzuki 630
          Lagares 445
          Gosselin 455

Yes, Rendon is hurt... but man, that is some bad stars and scrubs action there.

Comment

• Whoa Bundy!
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Trout with a calf injury. Unknown how bad right now.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• And Lagares went out after Trout. At the rate the Angels are losing OFs, Adell and Marsh may well get significant PT.

Comment

• Whoa Bundy! Your era is 6.98 this season!
                  Last edited by madducks; 06-15-2021, 09:20 AM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• It's hard not to say that Ohtani is the AL MVP so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      It's hard not to say that Ohtani is the AL MVP so far.
                      I agree, so far he is the AL MVP. The only question is if he can maintain it the rest of the year to win the award.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        It's hard not to say that Ohtani is the AL MVP so far.
                        Yeah, that's a slam dunk to me. 48-23-54-10, .272/.357/.649 (.377 ISO) hitting and 3-1, 2.70/1.16 with 12.3 Ks/9 pitching. Those are neo-Trout hitting numbers with #1/2 SP pitching numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Yeah, that's a slam dunk to me. 48-23-54-10, .272/.357/.649 (.377 ISO) hitting and 3-1, 2.70/1.16 with 12.3 Ks/9 pitching. Those are neo-Trout hitting numbers with #1/2 SP pitching numbers.
                          Yeah, in a daily league, his value is just otherworldly. No doubt MVP so far and he'd have to fall off far not to deserve it. What surprises me most is that he is a better hitter than pitcher. I really thought when he came over, he'd be a pitcher with hitting as a bonus/hobby. But he is a legit elite hitter too. If he can keep up both at such a high level, he could/should break the 50 million a year mark at some point. He is absurdly underpaid at the moment, making just 3 mil this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Yeah, in a daily league, his value is just otherworldly. No doubt MVP so far and he'd have to fall off far not to deserve it. What surprises me most is that he is a better hitter than pitcher. I really thought when he came over, he'd be a pitcher with hitting as a bonus/hobby. But he is a legit elite hitter too. If he can keep up both at such a high level, he could/should break the 50 million a year mark at some point. He is absurdly underpaid at the moment, making just 3 mil this year.
                            The Pujols savings should cover about half of Ohtani's future salary. I'm sure that Arte Moreno realizes he has a marketing goldmine in Ohtani and will spare no cost to sign him.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• BTW, Joe Maddon has done a great job managing Ohtani's workload so far.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X