No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers will start on Wednesday, claims his back is best it's been all year. He's on the WW in both my mixed leagues, and I'm desperate in both, so I'm rolling the dice.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The Miami Marlins just wrapped up a historic August!
      Team Batting Avg in Aug: .196 (worst month in franchise history)
      Team OPS in Aug: .584 (you know it...worst month in franchise history)

ummmmmmm just maybe, #FireDonMattingly???

Comment

• Unsurprisingly, Jazz Chisholm has been ruled out for the remainder of the year

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Yeah, Watson has struggled so I agree. Interesting move. Maybe it will help him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            The Miami Marlins just wrapped up a historic August!
            Team Batting Avg in Aug: .196 (worst month in franchise history)
            Team OPS in Aug: .584 (you know it...worst month in franchise history)

ummmmmmm just maybe, #FireDonMattingly???
            Craig Mish of MLB Network reports this will be the final season as Marlins manager for Don Mattingly.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Craig Mish of MLB Network reports this will be the final season as Marlins manager for Don Mattingly.
              He certainly earned it.

Comment

• Astros Bench Coach Joe Espada has emerged as the leading condidate for the Marlins manager spot. Rays Bench Coach Matt Quatraro is also in the running.

I, for one, am happy to see new names instead of rinse-wash-repeat guys waiting for a new job.

Comment

Astros Bench Coach Joe Espada has emerged as the leading condidate for the Marlins manager spot. Rays Bench Coach Matt Quatraro is also in the running.

I, for one, am happy to see new names instead of rinse-wash-repeat guys waiting for a new job.
                  Now watch them hire Tony LaRussa.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Astros Bench Coach Joe Espada has emerged as the leading condidate for the Marlins manager spot. Rays Bench Coach Matt Quatraro is also in the running.

Yeah, it's always nice to see new guys join the managerial ranks. Bringing back managers who have been retired for several years just reeks of desperation.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Yeah, it's always nice to see new guys join the managerial ranks. Bringing back managers who have been retired for several years just reeks of desperation.
                      Jack McKeon did pretty well for the Marlins in 2003 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        yeah so did Jim Leyland. But Ive got Mattingly/TLR-itis.

Also McKeon was a mid-season replacement for Jeff Torborg, so not sure it counts
                        Last edited by Pauly; 10-20-2022, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I hear that Joe Torre did OK for the Yankees. too.

Comment

Yeah, but most retreads can't count on an assist from Bartman.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Yeah, but most retreads can't count on an assist from Bartman.
                              Have they tried?

Comment

Have they tried?
                                why hire an experienced manager if they don't know to do that ? This isn't hard
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X