No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering the level of vitriol regarding San Diego's bullpen in the other thread...Just thought I would report that the Miami ERA in the 8th inning is 3.91 and their ERA in the 9th inning is 4.91 this season.

#FireDonMattingly

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Considering the level of vitriol regarding San Diego's bullpen in the other thread...Just thought I would report that the Miami ERA in the 8th inning is 3.91 and their ERA in the 9th inning is 4.91 this season.

#FireDonMattingly
      This makes me feel much better--Thanks!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think you should include the “@colorado” part
        FWIW I just noticed that Cabrera's MLB debut at Coors went pretty well. 6.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 4 BB, 9 K and a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          FWIW I just noticed that Cabrera's MLB debut at Coors went pretty well. 6.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 4 BB, 9 K and a win.
          He had a no hitter thru 5 or 6 innings.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Sorry. Not his MLB debut, just 2022 debut.

Comment

• In contrast, Trevor Rogers turned back into a pumpkin this year after dominating last year. Disappointing.

Comment

• In the bizarro world of the Marlins, Anthony Bass tosses 2.2 innings of shutout ball in Colorado, gives the lead to Cole Sulser in the 10th, who promptly gives up a walk off HR to Brendan Rodgers (his third of the game). Hey that wont affect the 9th inning ERA though

#FireDonMattingly

Comment

• Jon Berti has 21 SBs, with 17 of those coming in the last 3 weeks!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Jon Berti has 21 SBs, with 17 of those coming in the last 3 weeks!!!!
                    Best part is he will be a pinch runner at best once Wendle or Anderson returns. #FireDonMattingly

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Jon Berti has 21 SBs, with 17 of those coming in the last 3 weeks!!!!
                      I was surprised to find out that he is 32 years old. The stolen base numbers are usually trending downward at that age.

ETA: Starling Marte tied his career high in stolen bases at age 33 last season. Miami must be the fountain of youth for aging base stealers.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Is Rogers back? I want to believe!!!!! 5 IP, 2 Hits, 1 ER, 5 Ks. Looked pretty good out there. Screw it - I'm starting him again. What could possibly go wrong?
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Craig Mish reporting that Max Meyer is getting the call and will start one of the games of the weekend series. Also Kahlil Watson is being promoted to AAA.

Comment

Craig Mish reporting that Max Meyer is getting the call and will start one of the games of the weekend series. Also Kahlil Watson is being promoted to AAA.
                            ETA: Watson's promotion is an attempt to let him learn about the attitudes and habits of players who are closer to the majors. I doubt this means he is much closer to the bigs yet.

ETA2: Meyer expected to start Saturday vs. Philly
                            Last edited by Pauly; 07-14-2022, 10:18 PM.

Comment

ETA: Watson's promotion is an attempt to let him learn about the attitudes and habits of players who are closer to the majors. I doubt this means he is much closer to the bigs yet.

ETA2: Meyer expected to start Saturday vs. Philly
                              Yeah, Watson has struggled so I agree. Interesting move. Maybe it will help him.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X