2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    why hire an experienced manager if they don't know to do that ? This isn't hard
    So just hire Bartman?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      So just hire Bartman?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        why hire an experienced manager if they don't know to do that ? This isn't hard
        #Paulyformarlinsmanager
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          #Paulyformarlinsmanager
          #betterthanMattingly

Comment

• The Marlins in their shortsightedness did not pick #Paulyformarlinsmanager - they picked Skip Schumaker.

Inevitable question is, is he the first Skip to skip a major league team? (probably should have skipped it).

Comment

• <p>
              2K23 lineup as it stands:</p>
              <p>
              C Fortes/Stallings</p>
              <p>
              1B Cooper</p>
              <p>
              2B Arraez</p>
              <p>
              3B Segura</p>
              <p>
              SS Wendle</p>
              <p>
              RF Garcia</p>
              <p>
              CF Chisholm</p>
              <p>
              LF De la Cruz</p>
              <p>
              DH Soler</p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                2K23 lineup as it stands:
                C Fortes/Stallings
                1B Cooper
                2B Arraez
                3B Segura
                SS Wendle
                RF Garcia
                CF Chisholm
                LF De la Cruz
                DH Soler

Do you see Sanchez as a factor at all this season?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Do you see Sanchez as a factor at all this season?
                  He had his chance. I expect him to be a left handed bat off the bench and maybe start once or twice a week in the OF.

Comment

• Some very interesting developments in Marlins land. They just added Garrett Hampson to the 40 man, after signing Jose Iglesias and Yuli Gurriel. It appears all three are going to make the OD roster. This means that unless they make a trade (ummm hello Yankees, who would a Braxton Garrett/Jesus Sanchez package get me)...either Berti or De la Cruz is on the hot seat because Jesus Sanchez is out of options. If it was me I would put Berti in AAA, because he is pretty redundant with Hampson/Iglesias/Gurriel. As for Gurriel, he might play more than you think, spelling Cooper at first and Soler (another guy with an awful spring) at DH.

Pitching wise, Braxton Garrett has had a terrible spring and is now clearly behind Rogers (great spring) and Cabrera (out of options). They might make him a long reliever/spot starter, but my $$ is on AAA as well. Rogers is looking good though.

Bullpen wise, AJ Puk has looked pretty fantastic this spring from all reports. He is worth investing in....the saves might not be there on day 1, but you are going to get some just based on GM hubris (I traded my former first round pick for this guy, he's gonna go get some saves).

There's your Marlins update with a hat tip to the great Craig Mish.

Comment

• Eury Perez called up to MLB from AA to start on Friday.

Comment

• The Trevor Rogers saga continues as he was scratched from his final rehab start with soreness in his non-throwing shoulder.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          The Trevor Rogers saga continues as he was scratched from his final rehab start with soreness in his non-throwing shoulder.
                          Soreness in his NON-throwing shoulder?? Rub some dirt on it. Why does soreness in his non-throwing shoulder matter?

Comment

• Rogers was put on the 60 day IL today, but retroactive enough that the 60 days ends sometime next week. Everyone reporting he will tale Eury’s spot in the rotation for now.

Comment

• Marlins place Edward Cabrera on the 15-day IL with a right shoulder impingement.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Soreness in his NON-throwing shoulder?? Rub some dirt on it. Why does soreness in his non-throwing shoulder matter?
                                The plot thickens. It has now been revealed that Trevor Rogers has a right lat strain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X