No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this. I have found a 10-S2 FA pickup "closer of the future" every year, it feels like, but have completely screwed the pooch thus far this season.

I thought of fishing for Bass, but he's old. I'm actually in a position to probably grab both Bass and Bender on Thursday, then I can toss one back in a few weeks when some of my Ps return....

I caught Bender's 13th scoreless IP of the season on MLB Network; entered with Fish down 5-2 in 7th vs Boston and allowed only a BB and got a K.

bravo to the Red Sawx announcers feigning outrage at the Marlins P's repertoire: "How can a guy named BENDER not have a curve ball?"

Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-07-2021, 07:45 PM.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Put the brakes on the breakout:

Marlins place LHP Trevor Rogers on the IL.

There is no official designation from the team, which likely means that it's related to COVID-19 safety protocols or vaccination side effects. It's unclear whether he'll be ready to make his next start on Tuesday against the Cardinals, but there should be an update from the team in the coming days.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Fortunately, it looks like Rogers would miss only one start, if that.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Fortunately, it looks like Rogers would miss only one start, if that.

J
          Good. I need him to stay healthy.

edit: He's back already.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think they recalled Rogers already.

Comment

• Just wow.

Comment

• Super excited...

@revo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  He is available for FAAB tomorrow night. NL only 12 teams.

In order for him to be a keeper he has to be at least $5.

If he is bid $25 or more you have to keep him or pay basically double his salary for 2 years to drop him. What do you think is a good keeper price for young Sanchez?
                  If he pans out I would say 12-15

Comment

• What is his playing time projection right now? Will he play over one of the current outfielders?
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      What is his playing time projection right now? Will he play over one of the current outfielders?
                      Speculation is that Dickerson is going to the IL. He was scratched as "a precaution" on Sunday due to an undisclosed injury and didnt play yesterday. Overall, Dickerson has been a huge disappointment this season...I think because he is trying to play while his father is dying of cancer.

Sanchez should be the starting LF in my estimation, especially with Garrett Cooper hurt also. He would easily take the job for good if he hits like he has been.

Comment

• I am a little surprised that Peyton Burdick is not coming up first?

I have to drop him or Brenton Doyle if I get Sanchez.

Comment

• I have first dibs (like every week) on the FA pool, and Jon Berti surprisingly cleared waivers last week.

so fishing for potential 10-S1 keepers in 2022 and/or a trade commodity, Berti was well ahead of the pack.

but now I can take Sanchez instead (I have two other natural openings, but Berti will be gone before I kick off Round 2 - so I assume it's "either or" of these two).

deadline is Thursday noon so unfortunately I only get two games to "scout" Sanchez.

tough choice - or an easy one?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            I have first dibs (like every week) on the FA pool, and Jon Berti surprisingly cleared waivers last week.

so fishing for potential 10-S1 keepers in 2022 and/or a trade commodity, Berti was well ahead of the pack.

but now I can take Sanchez instead (I have two other natural openings, but Berti will be gone before I kick off Round 2 - so I assume it's "either or" of these two).

deadline is Thursday noon so unfortunately I only get two games to "scout" Sanchez.

tough choice - or an easy one?
                            Dude...easiest choice I have seen in a week.

Comment

• if it's Sanchez, are we factoring in Berti's positional versatility and potential to provide scarce SBs?

he has 545 MLB AB, so basically a full season's worth:
                              10 HR, 52 RBI, 99 R, 31 SB, .251 AVG

how much would you bid for those stats?

though he will be 32 in January

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                              X