No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In an historic move, Kim Ng has been named the Marlins' GM -- the first female GM in baseball (or any major sport's) history

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      In an historic move, Kim Ng has been named the Marlins' GM -- the first female GM in baseball (or any major sport's) history
      Overdue, IMO, given her bona fides. Hope she can be successful given the financial challenges the Marlins will face in the next few years.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• So I have a problem that I havent had in quite a few years...I like way too many Marlins heading into this season. Im such a homer, but I think there are some real gems on this team that I would guess most people overlook because, well, Marlins.

I like every damn starter on this team. Sixto is electric, Alcantara was really really good last year, and all the touts like Pablo Lopez better than either of them. Trevor Rogers and Elieser Hernandez are great end-game deep league options too.

Nobody loves Marlins offense, but Aguilar really turned it around last season and is actually a good hitter (crazy right?). Everyone has already forgotten how good Miguel Rojas was in the short season last year. There are a ton of post-hype and current prospects who will get playing time.

Bass and Garcia should get plenty of save opps, because this is a small ball type of team that pitches well.

So, in conclusion, Im screwed

Comment

• Bass will only get saves if the Marlins are forced to use him as closer. Check out his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Bass will only get saves if the Marlins are forced to use him as closer. Check out his contract.
            250k doesn’t seem cost prohibitive. In fact if Bass is good enough to finish 50 games I’m sure they would be more than happy to give him 250k.

Comment

• Mattingly names Alfaro as the "primary" catcher.

Super stud prospect Edward Cabrera dealing with Bicep inflammation...keeps having setbacks.

Comment

• Interesting tidbit from Keith Law today in The Athletic:

The main knock I had on (Trevor) Rogers before this season was the lack of an average breaking ball, but Rogers has changed his grip on his slider and so far this spring has shown a markedly higher spin rate on the pitch.
                We are talking about a young, up-and-coming LHP who throws upper 90s, with a rotation spot, who is being drafted in the mid to lower 300s. Hint Hint.

Comment

• Sixto Sanchez optioned to the alternate training site

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Sixto Sanchez optioned to the alternate training site
                    Whoa. Apparently just because he's not ready.

Miami Marlins right-hander Sixto Sanchez, the seventh-place finisher in the 2020 NL Rookie of the Year voting and the team's No. 2 starter in the postseason, will begin 2021 at the alternate site, reports Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald. He will continue building up there after being delayed by a false positive COVID-19 test earlier this spring.

"I don't feel frustrated, but it was a weird feeling," Sanchez told the Associated Press after making his spring debut on March 15. "That false positive spoiled my momentum, but I'm not that far behind. I just can't pitch as many innings as the other guys."

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Whoa. Apparently just because he's not ready.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...te-per-report/
                      This has been expected for a couple of weeks and really has no bearing on Sanchez's 2021 expectations. He's being capped, so it's just a matter of when he pitches, he's not losing any actual playing time.
                      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Please let Sixto be OK....Please let Sixto be OK....Please let Sixto be OK....Please let Sixto be OK....Please let Sixto be OK....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Please let Sixto be OK....Please let Sixto be OK....Please let Sixto be OK....Please let Sixto be OK....Please let Sixto be OK....
                          Agree. But Alcantara looked great on Opening Day.

Comment

• How long is it going to take for manager Don Mattingly to realize that Jazz Chisholm needs to be batting leadoff?
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              How long is it going to take for manager Don Mattingly to realize that Jazz Chisholm needs to be batting leadoff?
                              Not much longer, I hope.

Comment

• Starling Marte left the game in the 9th in pain. Looks like an oblique injury

Comment

Working...
                                X