2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Starling Marte left the game in the 9th in pain. Looks like an oblique injury
    Damn it Marte!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Marte to the IL tomorrow with a fractured rib.

If I was betting on playing time, I would bet on Berti getting the majority of it while Marte is out.

Comment

• Alfaro to the IL with a hammy, Sandy Leon called up.

Nick Neidert has been demoted after that terrible showing yesterday.

Brinson appears to be getting his next big chance in CF with Marte out.

Jazz is leading off today vs. a LHP, which is strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Jazz is leading off today vs. a LHP, which is strange.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Brian Anderson to the IL with an oblique and the Marlins are going to call up Jose Devers from the alternate site. Devers is the cousin of Rafael, came over in the Stanton trade, and has never seen a pitch above A ball. Yikes.

Comment

• mlb.com had a story on Mattingly deciding this is the moment to play Brinson every day.

I grabbed him as one of six players who will make their debut with my bawlclub this weekend. why yes, I AM playing for 2022, lol

I may take Devers next week as well. last place with Bidmeister means never having to say you get elbowed out for a player
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                mlb.com had a story on Mattingly deciding this is the moment to play Brinson every day.

I grabbed him as one of six players who will make their debut with my bawlclub this weekend. why yes, I AM playing for 2022, lol

I may take Devers next week as well. last place with Bidmeister means never having to say you get elbowed out for a player
                Brinson's last best chance is my guess. He has until Marte comes back to do something. He is now out of options I believe.

Comment

Brian Anderson to the IL with an oblique and the Marlins are going to call up Jose Devers from the alternate site. Devers is the cousin of Rafael, came over in the Stanton trade, and has never seen a pitch above A ball. Yikes.
                  This will be a weird year for things like this with all the guys who made progress at the alternative site last year.

Comment

Brinson's last best chance is my guess. He has until Marte comes back to do something. He is now out of options I believe.
                    I believe "out of options" means "out of option years" - and he was just optioned a couple of weeks ago.

so no, but the core point stands. if he fails again this time.....
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Great pitching and bad hitting (having lost both Marte and Anderson) means the Marlins are going to play a whole lot of 2-1, 1-0, 2-0 games.

Comment

• Brinson is so terrible that the Marlins put Adam Duvall in CF today for the first time in his career. He has already made 2 great defensive plays, including a catch over the shoulder while crashing into the wall.

If Duvall can make it work in CF, it would be great news as they could use the Dickerson/Duvall/Cooper OF and keep awful Brinson on the bench and Magnerius Sierra pinch running where they should be.

Cooper might be a spec add on this.

Comment

• Duvall's never been that bad of a fielder. I think he could make it work.

Comment

• Jazz to the IL; Isan Diaz recalled. uggggghhhhhhhhh

Now on the IL: Marte, Chisholm, Anderson, Alfaro, Elieser and Sixto (sort of for him). I hope they dont dig a huge hole for themselves, especially with Atlanta and Washington sucking.

Comment

Jazz to the IL; Isan Diaz recalled. uggggghhhhhhhhh

Now on the IL: Marte, Chisholm, Anderson, Alfaro, Elieser and Sixto (sort of for him). I hope they dont dig a huge hole for themselves, especially with Atlanta and Washington sucking.
                              Thanks for the heads up. Diaz was not posted early this morning when I set my lineup.

He will step in for the injured Zach McKinstry.

Comment

• If you are stocking up or rebuilding in an NL only, keep an eye on Anthony Bender. With Yimi's recent struggles and Bass pitching terribly, I can see Bender stepping into the closer role even before the end of the season - especially if Miami decides to become sellers in July. He will be in the mix next year for certain. Bender has the stuff - live fastball and a wicked sinker - and Mattingly is being forced to consider him in more high-leverage situations now.

That's a $1 spec that can really pay off in the not too distant future.

Comment

Working...
                                X