• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Go to google, click images, search for your image, click one you like
    You lost me at 'click images'....

Thanks!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So the answer to you can't teach an old dog new tricks is not totally true. Thanks for explaining that. I never knew how.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        You lost me at 'click images'....

Thanks!
        but you can no longer say you have no idea. Too lazy to do it, sure

Comment

but you can no longer say you have no idea. Too lazy to do it, sure
          willfully ignorant?

Comment

• Smith hitting leadoff today after Ibanez started yesterday.

Comment

Smith hitting leadoff today after Ibanez started yesterday.
              And he got a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                And he got a hit.
                He's just trying to get back to .600, one hit at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  willfully ignorant?
                  That's already taken...I'll own Lazy.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

He's just trying to get back to .600, one hit at a time.
                    Down to .500.

That loser.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rangers and Kumar Rocker have agreed to terms on a $5.2 million signing bonus which is much lower than the 3rd pick's projected $7.59 million slot value.

Rocker pitched for the Tri-City Valley Cats of the independent Frontier League after the Mets took him last year with the 10th pick and then backed out of the deal when the physical revealed elbow and shoulder concerns. Hopefully, he passes the Rangers physical this time.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          The Rangers and Kumar Rocker have agreed to terms on a $5.2 million signing bonus which is much lower than the 3rd pick's projected $7.59 million slot value.

Rocker pitched for the Tri-City Valley Cats of the independent Frontier League after the Mets took him last year with the 10th pick and then backed out of the deal when the physical revealed elbow and shoulder concerns. Hopefully, he passes the Rangers physical this time.
                          So if he passes the Rangers physical wouldn't that be in conflict what the Mets doctor found?

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            So if he passes the Rangers physical wouldn't that be in conflict what the Mets doctor found?
                            He's had 12 months to recover. So, maybe not.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rocker had shoulder surgery in September, so medical concerns would not be the same as the Mets.

Also the Rangers took Brock Porter, a top ~10 draft pick who fell for signability, in the 4th. It looks like Porter/Rocker may have been a package deal (both have Boras as their agent). If so, the Rangers effectively traded pick 3 for picks 10 (Porter) and ~15-20 (where Rocker would have gone).

They end up with the top 2 pitchers from last year's draft (Rocker/Leiter were considered 1a/1b) and the top pitcher from 2022 as well (Porter was a possibility to go 1st among pitchers if not for the signability issue).

Very very interesting.

I hated the Rocker pick yesterday, but if it was always going to be a Rocker/Porter package deal, that's entirely different.

Comment

Rocker had shoulder surgery in September, so medical concerns would not be the same as the Mets.
                                I didn't know about the shoulder surgery. I was thinking it was just a rest & rehab type of recovery. Sounds like his medical concerns are behind him. Rocker/Leiter/Porter is going to make for a very formidable top 3 starters in a few years.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X