mlb depth charts
    cot's contracts - team page
    cot's contracts - 2014 spreadsheet
    mlbtraderumors - team page
    fangraphs - team page
    fangraphs - park factors

prospects - rhd, with team highlighted
    prospects - top 10 - Jason Parks, Baseball Prospectus
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

So long Ian Kinsler, hello Prince Fielder.

Nathan, Berkman, Pierzynski Murphy are also gone, Nelson Cruz is a FA.

They're very well set at SP, earliest FA of the five is Ogando in 2017.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      So long Ian Kinsler, hello Prince Fielder.

Nathan, Berkman, Pierzynski Murphy are also gone, Nelson Cruz is a FA.

They're very well set at SP, earliest FA of the five is Ogando in 2017.
      yeah, given their rotation strength I'm wondering if Ogando might be a candidate to replace Nathan at the back end of the bullpen.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        yeah, given their rotation strength I'm wondering if Ogando might be a candidate to replace Nathan at the back end of the bullpen.
        I'm pretty sure that Soria will get the 1st crack at the closer spot...he's far enough removed from TJ surgery to be completely healthy, averaging 10.6 K's per inning last year in limited time.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I'm pretty sure that Soria will get the 1st crack at the closer spot...he's far enough removed from TJ surgery to be completely healthy, averaging 10.6 K's per inning last year in limited time.

says the owner of Soria @ $1 in an AL only league......
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post

says the owner of Soria @ $1 in an AL only league......
            I am? Where'd I get him from?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

$4 in mine.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Totally forgot about Neftali Feliz...there's your closer.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Peter Gammons mentioned Feliz in a few recent articles/tweets. He is currently pitching in winter ball.

Comment

Rumors--Rangers negotiating with J.P. Arencibia to be Soto's backup at catcher, and that they're talking to Mike Napoli to be the DH/backup 1B.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                      Rumors--Rangers negotiating with J.P. Arencibia to be Soto's backup at catcher, and that they're talking to Mike Napoli to be the DH/backup 1B.
                      Done deal, 1 yr $2m for JP.

Comment

The Rangers drafted Seattle QB Russell Wilson in the minor league Rule V draft, and apparently he is interested in going to spring training.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          The Rangers drafted Seattle QB Russell Wilson in the minor league Rule V draft, and apparently he is interested in going to spring training.
                          Perhaps he can show Wash how to run the read-option in baseball.

Seriously, he's supposed to be a pretty decent baseball player. If nothing else, he can teach the minor league kids about how to prepare for games and what to expect at the highest level of one's sport.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                            Perhaps he can show Wash how to run the read-option in baseball.

Seriously, he's supposed to be a pretty decent baseball player. If nothing else, he can teach the minor league kids about how to prepare for games and what to expect at the highest level of one's sport.
                            Not really, .229 hitter with no power in 2 minor league seasons. And there's no chance in hell that the Seahawks will let him play 2nd base at ANY level with the chance that a runner comes in to break up a DP and explodes his knee in the process. This was strictly a 12,000 dollar publicity stunt...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

That's quite a Murderer's Row the Rangers have now: Choo, Fielder, Beltre, Rios. Toss in Andrus, Profar and L. Martin, and that's some lineup they've got.

Comment

Working...
                              X