No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a product of SP flushing down the DL. There were a lot of blow outs while they scrambled for warm bodies.

They were bombed by Toronto last night.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-27-2015, 10:07 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Checking the standings today, I notice that the Rangers are still in possession of a post season slot. Then I noticed they were only a a game and a half off the division pace.

With seven of thirteen games coming against division leading Houston, it's prove it or lose it time.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Damn Skippy. In first place now. Who'd a thunk it?

10 games over .500 with -24 run differential. Has that happened before?

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-16-2015, 01:15 AM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Playing for #81 today. Who'd a thunk it?

Even though he has not been especially good, the SP has been excellent since the team acquired Cole Hamels.

The run differential isn't. Dead even for the season. 666 to 666. It's a good thing there are no Baptists around.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• the Rangers keep on winning ... ALDS should be against KC who has picked a bad time to slow down. With a couple of good starts I could see the Rangers making it to the ALCS.

just had to give some attention to the Rangers for 1J ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• About Adrian Beltre, here is an interesting topic of conversation. Clearly HoF, where does he stack with the very best. I put him top 10, maybe not top 5.

Karl Ravech, Tim Kurkjian and Eduardo Perez discuss Beltre's place among the top five third basemen of all-time.

Oh yeah, the won the division.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• I'm thinking Jeff Bannister for the AL Manager of the Year Award.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    I'm thinking Jeff Bannister for the AL Manager of the Year Award.
                    And Bannister wins it. A.J. Hinch of the Astros finished second in the voting and Paul Molitor of the Twins finished third.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Josh Hamilton already expected to start the year on the DL and not be ready until May.

Comment

• With Hamilton on the shelf, LF is an interesting situation.

Justin Ruggiano is a decent fielder despite his age (33), but is best used as a lefty killer. LHH Mitch Moreland will likely get some camp time there. If his defense is adequate, there is a potential platoon. Ike Davis would play 1B.

Both Joey Gallo and Jurickson Profar need a job. Profoar might also become a quality fielder.

Finally, two of their top prospects are OF. One is a LF, Nomar Mazara, age 21. The other is Lewis Brinson, age 22, ballhawk CF. He could push DD Jr to LF.

J
                        Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-24-2016, 02:50 PM.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Ian Desmond signs to play left field, one year and $8,000,000

That is a looooong way from the $107,000,000 Washington offered...

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                            Ian Desmond signs to play left field, one year and $8,000,000

That is a looooong way from the $107,000,000 Washington offered...

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2014/11/13/...ast-offseason/
                            It's even a looooong way from the $15.8m qualifying offer!

Wow, Desmond's is the worst miscalculation I can think of in recent history.
                            Yeah really. This Qualifying Offer has killed some free agency contracts, and it's really unfair to these players (wow, it's pretty rare when I side with the players, but on this I do). When the next labor deal expires, I'd expect this to be a concession back to the players.

Do you remember Jody Reed? In the mid 90s when he was with the Dodgers, he was offered something like a 3-yr $8m extension, but turned it down to become a free agent, and was only able to get a contract for $350k + incentives. I think he was only able to recoup a third of what he turned down back before his career ended.

So with this signing, can we bid adieu to Josh Hamilton?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Wow, Desmond's is the worst miscalculation I can think of in recent history.
                              That's just stupid...he should have just waited until June and signed with someone at that point. Probably would have gotten at least that amount, and could have just worked like a dog on his game.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                It's even a looooong way from the $15.8m qualifying offer!

Yeah really. This Qualifying Offer has killed some free agency contracts, and it's really unfair to these players (wow, it's pretty rare when I side with the players, but on this I do). When the next labor deal expires, I'd expect this to be a concession back to the players.

Do you remember Jody Reed? In the mid 90s when he was with the Dodgers, he was offered something like a 3-yr $8m extension, but turned it down to become a free agent, and was only able to get a contract for $350k + incentives. I think he was only able to recoup a third of what he turned down back before his career ended.

So with this signing, can we bid adieu to Josh Hamilton?
                                It's only "unfair" in the same sense that the "franchise tag" is unfair in the NFL. They negotiated it. Once negotiated, there isn't really a fair or unfair. There's just regret or no regret for negotiating it in the first place.

In a way it's doing exactly what it was intended to do. It's an attempt to get players to stay with the team they are already playing for. Same as the NFL "franchise tag". I don't really feel all that bad for these guys any more than I do for the guys who get franchised in the NFL. Rough life getting offered $15M per year to not leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X