• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Seems like a bucketful of crap.
    *bag of dicks
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Otto and Duran could turn into something, but yeah, I don't get the deal given that it is likely they could have nabbed a couple of much higher quality prospects for Gallo instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Otto and Duran could turn into something, but yeah, I don't get the deal given that it is likely they could have nabbed a couple of much higher quality prospects for Gallo instead.
        I don't disagree with the higher quality prospect note, but will add that Josh Smith has decent upside, too.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Gallo and the Yankees? OH right - because NY doesnt have enough all or nothing strikeout or HR guys.
          Good thing they don't have to face Gerrit Cole. He would probably rack up 20 k's in one game against those guys.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Top ranked prospect I saw was Org Rank #14.
            Maybe by extremely outdated rankings. Current rankings had both Duran and Smith top ten so highest being 14 must have been preseason if not before. I’ve seen that posted elsewhere and immediately rebuffed. Typical Yankees propaganda (not saying yours is, the garbage on Twitter was).

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I don't disagree with the higher quality prospect note, but will add that Josh Smith has decent upside, too.
              I guess. 23 year old prospects who just got to high A are not guys I usually think have a good shot of accomplishing much in the majors, but there have been late bloomers buck that trend, and he has hit where he has been placed. Still, if it were me, I'd have preferred to squeeze the Yankees to try to get Volpe in the deal. Him, Duran, and Otto would have been a great haul. I like Volpe a lot, but I would be surprise if he has risen to the point that the Yankees would not have included him in a 2 or 3 for Gallo deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Maybe by extremely outdated rankings. Current rankings had both Duran and Smith top ten so highest being 14 must have been preseason if not before. I’ve seen that posted elsewhere and immediately rebuffed. Typical Yankees propaganda (not saying yours is, the garbage on Twitter was).
                Yeah, both are having strong years. I think Duran is the best player they got back. I like him.

ETA: I guess it really isn't a horrible a return--Duran and Smith have upside and Otto has looked really good this year. My initial reaction was they should have landed Volpe, though, even if they had to give up 3 of the other guys.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-28-2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Yankees propaganda .
                  Mods, please move to hot buttons thread
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Mods, please move to hot buttons thread
                    Or I can just delete it for you...
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Duran alone is a 50 FV player approaching the top 100. He was the Yanks #3 prospect and is now the Rangers #3 prospect according to Fangraphs.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• It’s Joely Rodriguez also going to NY, not John King as initially reported.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I guess. 23 year old prospects who just got to high A are not guys I usually think have a good shot of accomplishing much in the majors, but there have been late bloomers buck that trend, and he has hit where he has been placed. Still, if it were me, I'd have preferred to squeeze the Yankees to try to get Volpe in the deal. Him, Duran, and Otto would have been a great haul. I like Volpe a lot, but I would be surprise if he has risen to the point that the Yankees would not have included him in a 2 or 3 for Gallo deal.
                          But Volpe isn’t even a top 10 prospect in their system (6 months ago)

I agree, I would have liked to see Volpe - he was my initial guess when the information came out that Gallo was being traded to NYY.
                          Last edited by Ken; 07-29-2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Geez. No one has posted the entire deal.

Rangers - trade Joey Gallo and Joely Rodríguez
                            Yankees - Ezequiel Duran, Josh Smith, Trevor Hauver, and Glenn Otto

Obviously Duran is the big prize, ++power with good plate discipline and some speed, but likely not until 2023. The others are young and will give their minor leagues some depth. That seems to be an issue.
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              That seems to be an issue.
                              What seems to be an issue exactly?

Comment

What seems to be an issue exactly?
                                I think he meant lack of minor league depth in the Rangers system.

Comment

Working...
                                X