No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Kennedy has retired from professional baseball at age 38 after 17 seasons.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

I dont see a dynasty at all. I see a good team w significant question marks (like everybody else) that got hot at the right time.
      I dont know about dynasty but they are ahead of schedule. 2024 was supposed to be the start of their window, this was supposed to be a tune up year if we're honest. Carter is obviously solid regular if not better and he's just 21. They have Wyatt Langford who is a top 5 prospect (if not better) and no where to put him. Walcott a couple years out probably but looking exciting. A few promising pitching prospects too (Porter on the way, Leiter may have figured something out in September) The infield is set for years to come with Jung the 2 MI studs and Lowe (if he's not upgraded?) Heim is young and improving.

I'm not sure what you'd be looking for in a dyntasy type team if this isn't it. I guess the excitement is a team with stars locked up, young players pitching in, and a good farm system backing it. The Orioles have a similarly bright future and could also be a dynasty too, the Rangers aren't alone here by any stretch of the imagination..

Comment

• Max Scherzer had back surgery yesterday. He's expected to be out until June or July.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Max Scherzer had back surgery yesterday. He's expected to be out until June or July.
          His ADP has been around 130. What will this drop him to?

While on the subject of Ranger's SP, which of the AAA mob, if any, are likely to push for roster spots?
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

His ADP has been around 130. What will this drop him to?

While on the subject of Ranger's SP, which of the AAA mob, if any, are likely to push for roster spots?
            He's likely missing half the season, and he's injury prone besides, so figure on doubling that.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

He's likely missing half the season, and he's injury prone besides, so figure on doubling that.
              Agree - his ADP for me is "I'm not drafting a 39 year old with an injured back who likely misses over half the season"

Comment

• he turns 40 during the season and back issues on old dudes are a massive red flag. I'm treating Scherzer as if we don't see more than 80 IP

Comment

• Corey Seager underwent surgery on Tuesday to repair a sports hernia. He may not be ready for opening day.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Did they really win the World Series?
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Nate Lowe (oblique) will be out until mid-April with a right oblique strain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Josh Jung broken wrist

Comment

• Jung had surgery and is expected to be out a minimum of 8-10 weeks

Comment

Working...
                          X