No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitching staff has a LOT of question marks after Darvish. Losing Holland really hurts there; I would bite the bullet and sign Jimenez given their farm system is very stocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Pitching staff has a LOT of question marks after Darvish. Losing Holland really hurts there; I would bite the bullet and sign Jimenez given their farm system is very stocked.
      There is a lot on the farm. Someone could push through. Prior to last year, Harrison was fairly healthy. If you have Darvish as the ace and Harrison and Perez as LHP innings eaters, it does not look dire. Holland should be back in time to be 100% for a playoff run.

Still, I would like to know who breaks camp with the team.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

They should be able to put enough runs on the board, but they need to either have a SP step up big time or spend some of their trading chips for one. I still would not be shocked to see them go after Price. With chips like Profar, Odor, Alfaro I think they can get it done----IF Tampa is willing to move him.
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I think Profar plays in Arlington at least this contract and well into the next one. Odor and Alfaro, not so much. The Rangers also have a lot of mid range depth on the farm. They could trade for a one season veteran without giving up a real prospect. The quality of the one season vet is the issue.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

What do you guys make of the current iteration of Michael Choice? He looks like a good enough hitter and came up as a SS, so the defense should be at least marginally acceptable. Yet the A's traded him for the wrong half of a glove platoon. Is this the utility IF/OF? Can he cover the occasional game at SS?

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

J, I don't think Choice sees light of day at SS except for pretty significant injuries to Elvis or Profar. I believe days off for Elvis will be covered by Profar.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                J, I don't think Choice sees light of day at SS except for pretty significant injuries to Elvis or Profar. I believe days off for Elvis will be covered by Profar.
                I don't choice sees ss except when he is running in from the outfield and his path happens to take him into the area.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Forgot Profar as an option. I was actually thinking about Adam Rosales, assuming they keep him. He and Choice cover a lot of the same positions. SS might be a source of PT indirectly, since 2B would be open, but Rosales is an option there as well. Do they want to convert Choice into a strict OF? Heaven knows another right hand bat would be handy.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    What do you guys make of the current iteration of Michael Choice? He looks like a good enough hitter and came up as a SS, so the defense should be at least marginally acceptable. Yet the A's traded him for the wrong half of a glove platoon. Is this the utility IF/OF? Can he cover the occasional game at SS?

J
                    Choice was an OF at the University of Texas at Arlington and has only played OF since being drafted by the A's. You apparently have him confused with someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Efforting View Post
                      Choice was an OF at the University of Texas at Arlington and has only played OF since being drafted by the A's. You apparently have him confused with someone else.
                      Sum B. You are correct. I am trying to figure out who. It was a noticeably younger SS.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Sum B. You are correct. I am trying to figure out who. It was a noticeably younger SS.

J
                        Sounds like Rougned Odor, Luis Sardinas, or the traded-to-Chicago Leury Garcia.
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

So, what do you guys project for Harrison this year?
                          拖裤子,
                          放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
                            So, what do you guys project for Harrison this year?
                            He's coming off major surgery, so I'll probably avoid him. That, in turn, usually means the player will be just fine.

In terms of predictions--10 wins, 4.10/1.35, 150 IP, 100 K, 50 BB. In his two good years, his value was mainly in his ability to pile up innings, and I'm not sure he can do that or that the team wants him doing that coming off surgery.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

What's the general consensus on Profar? Does he crack the MLB top 10 at 2B or SS this year?

Comment

What does everyone expect from Tommy Hanson? He has a ton of talent, but he hasn't stayed healthy. Shoulder problems are potentially career ending. As it is, he seems to be in a hat with several others for two jobs.

He is supposed to still have an out pitch, but much less velocity. Can he make it work? Will he emerge in the rotation?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X