Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
    Why is nobody signing Anibal Sanchez?
    He's 37 and he wasn't very good last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Steve Gelbs of SNY reports that an MRI on Joey Lucchesi's left elbow revealed a "significant" ulnar collateral ligament tear. See you in 2023.
      Joey Lucchesi is scheduled to undergo Tommy John surgery on Thursday.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And now--Stroman.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          DeGrom lowered his ERA to 0.50 tonite. Modern MLB record is 0.96 by Dutch Leonard in 1914.
          But will he get enough innings to qualify for the title? Currently has 72.0 IP. The Mets have played 68 games so far and DeGrom seems to be perpetually day-to-day.

Comment

But will he get enough innings to qualify for the title? Currently has 72.0 IP. The Mets have played 68 games so far and DeGrom seems to be perpetually day-to-day.
            It will be a shame if he just misses it. Assuming no major injury and just a few more missed starts here and there, he should make it to 162, but it might be close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              He's 37 and he wasn't very good last year.
              Sounds like a perfectly good rotation candidate for 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                It will be a shame if he just misses it. Assuming no major injury and just a few more missed starts here and there, he should make it to 162, but it might be close.
                If they are heading to the playoffs and it is close, they would be fools to risk him by letting him get it. My Braves are a train wreck, and I don't see the Phillies or Nats making a run, so if they decide to keep his innings down, it probably would be smart. He's a massive weapon in the post-season, probably the best weapon anyone has.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  If they are heading to the playoffs and it is close, they would be fools to risk him by letting him get it. My Braves are a train wreck, and I don't see the Phillies or Nats making a run, so if they decide to keep his innings down, it probably would be smart. He's a massive weapon in the post-season, probably the best weapon anyone has.
                  I don't think him eclipsing 162 IP should be a concern for them, especially since he has been more efficient this year and his pitch counts per game have not been overly taxing. His whole season is essentially one long no hitter. If he gets to the era crown cut off, he will be immortalized. If he falls just short, he will be a footnote. Team comes first, and if him getting there means he has to go 9 innings and 132 pitches in his final game, I understand the team forcing him down from that. But if he can build there safely and with low pitch counts per game, I think it is a great thing for him and for the team and for baseball to let him go for it, especially if his era is still at historic levels at that point.

Comment

• DeGrom currently has a 1.08 ERA, so he would have to throw 12 innings w/o an ER to get below Dutch Leonard's all-time mark of 0.96.

He currently has a 0.54 WHIP, which is far better than Pedro Martinez' all time single season low of 0.74. He's currently on a pace to get more than the 162 IP necessary to qualify for these titles.

Comment

DeGrom currently has a 1.08 ERA, so he would have to throw 12 innings w/o an ER to get below Dutch Leonard's all-time mark of 0.96.

He currently has a 0.54 WHIP, which is far better than Pedro Martinez' all time single season low of 0.74. He's currently on a pace to get more than the 162 IP necessary to qualify for these titles.
                      Nope.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Lindor to the IL with a Grade 2 Oblique strain. Will miss "weeks, not days."

Comment

• Degrom is getting treatment for forearm tightness. MRI did not reveal any structural damage.
                          Incredible that he can pitch so well, so consistently, while dealing with so many nagging injuries all season long.

Comment

• Devastating loss for the Mets tonite. Were leading 6-0 going into the 8th and bullpen gave up 5 runs in the 8th and a walkoff GS in the 9th to household name, John Nogowski, to lose 9-7. Spoiled a very nice start from rookie Tylor Megill who pitched 6 shutout innings. Good thing the Mets play in the NL East.

Edit: It was Jacob Stallings that hit the GS. The site I was using, OnRoto, had the wrong info.
                            Last edited by rhd; 07-17-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Devastating loss for the Mets tonite. Were leading 6-0 going into the 8th and bullpen gave up 5 runs in the 8th and a walkoff GS in the 9th to household name, John Nogowski, to lose 9-7. Spoiled a very nice start from rookie Tylor Megill who pitched 6 shutout innings. Good thing the Mets play in the NL East.

Edit: It was Jacob Stallings that hit the GS. The site I was using, OnRoto, had the wrong info.
                              Diaz is ok at best. He simply isn’t dominant.

Comment

• Crazy play in 1st inning by T Walker. Bases loaded and Newman taps the ball down the 3b line and T Walker scoops it and tosses it to the back wall thinking it was a foul ball (he was trying to keep it foul by not allowing it to roll back in). However, the all was on the line when Walker scooped it so it was a fair ball. This allows three runs to score. Walker went 1/3 inning allowed 6 runs (5 earned). Blows his ERA up to 2.99.

If it wasn't for bad luck, the Mets would have no luck...

Comment

Working...
                                X