No announcement yet.

2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case you havent noticed, since trading Hader, the Brewers have lost 5 of 6 to the Pirates and Reds. Unforseen consquences!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      In case you havent noticed, since trading Hader, the Brewers have lost 5 of 6 to the Pirates and Reds. Unforseen consquences!
      So have the Padres (not to the pirates or reds but still)
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Boy did he look bad last night — 37 pitches to get two outs. Of those one was a strikeout on a 3:2 pitch that was actually a ball. The other was a screaming liner that Profar made a terrific play on. He walked the bases full and blew a 3 run lead. Hopefully he turns around this mid season slump.

Comment

• Yep

I watched every painful moment of it
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• When do the Brewers call up (and play) Esteury Ruiz? I have to think he could be a spark plug for MIL. He’s not lighting it up in Nashville but he’s doing fine and stealing bases. Where does he likely fit in eventually for MIL? 2B? CF?

Edit: they seem to be playing Ruiz in LF.

Frelick is playing CF and absolutely killing it btw.
            Last edited by Sharky; 08-19-2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              When do the Brewers call up (and play) Esteury Ruiz? I have to think he could be a spark plug for MIL. He’s not lighting it up in Nashville but he’s doing fine and stealing bases. Where does he likely fit in eventually for MIL? 2B? CF?

Edit: they seem to be playing Ruiz in LF.

Frelick is playing CF and absolutely killing it btw.
              Yes I could really use Ruiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                Yes I could really use Ruiz.
                Same here. Still have him stashed on my bench. Stolen bases are non-existent on the waiver wire these days.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I heard there’s something in the current CBA that will prevent the Brewers from calling up Frelick until Aug 23 or so. Maybe that’s the deal with Ruiz too? Not sure. Hope someone here has insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Same here. Still have him stashed on my bench. Stolen bases are non-existent on the waiver wire these days.
                    I have Ruiz and Brujan stashed hoping for a late call up as I can make up 3-5 points in one league--enough to put me in 1st. I hope you all get your wishes....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Aaron Ashby is a ratio wrecking ball.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Aaron Ashby is a ratio wrecking ball.
                        I think the fantasy community is one year ahead on Ashby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          I heard there’s something in the current CBA that will prevent the Brewers from calling up Frelick until Aug 23 or so. Maybe that’s the deal with Ruiz too? Not sure. Hope someone here has insight.
                          I'm not aware of that, though it could be true. Key issue is he's not on the 40-man roster, and I don't think he's eligible for the Rule 5 draft yet. Being the cynic I am, I suspect the Brewers will hold him back until May next year to eliminate Super 2 risk, too. Since Ruiz is on the 40-man and Turang has to be added this November, I think one or both are the two next guys brought up. I'd not be surprised if both of them and a pitcher are called up, and the Brewers jettison Davis.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            I'm not aware of that, though it could be true. Key issue is he's not on the 40-man roster, and I don't think he's eligible for the Rule 5 draft yet. Being the cynic I am, I suspect the Brewers will hold him back until May next year to eliminate Super 2 risk, too. Since Ruiz is on the 40-man and Turang has to be added this November, I think one or both are the two next guys brought up. I'd not be surprised if both of them and a pitcher are called up, and the Brewers jettison Davis.
                            whoa, look who's back!

Aug 23rd is actually the day that all players recalled still retain the "days on the roster" rookie eligibility for '23 -- which allows teams to still reap rewards for rookie awards next season, assuming they don't get 130 ABs or 50 IP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              whoa, look who's back!

Aug 23rd is actually the day that all players recalled retain the "days on the roster" rookie eligibility for '23 -- which allows teams to still reap rewards for rookie awards next season, assuming they don't get 130 ABs or 50 IP.
                              Since Ruiz was up for San Diego earlier, I wonder if that changes the calculus for him. He’s running wild in AAA again.

Comment

• Esteury Ruiz recalled

Comment

Working...
                                X