2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Yup, that's certainly possible. I do know they like the defense with Adames at SS and Urias at 3B, but you're right about Tellez running hot right now.
    Early reports are the plan is to have him at 1b against lefties, so maybe a platoon there and against righties he is mostly at 3b. He is a great get, because of his versatility. His power sure is nice too.

Comment

• The Ax-Man returneth!!!

The Toronto Blue Jays have sent Canadian relief pitcher John Axford to the Milwaukee Brewers, the team announced Monday.

I'm not expecting much, but it would be great if Axford still has something left in the tank.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The Ax-Man returneth!!!

The Toronto Blue Jays have sent Canadian relief pitcher John Axford to the Milwaukee Brewers, the team announced Monday.

I'm not expecting much, but it would be great if Axford still has something left in the tank.
        Lmao, I just read that the "cash considerations" the Brewers received from the Jays for Axford was $1.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Now Josh Hader has COVID. I just received a one-two punch combination to the gut in my local league since i have both Cole and Hader on my team.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Lmao, I just read that the "cash considerations" the Brewers received from the Jays for Axford was $1.
            And the $1 man got beat up by the Pirates. But Escobar had a great night!

Comment

• $1, one day. Axford’s elbow, sadly, self-destructed. He’s out for the season.

Comment

• And elbow maladies continue on players the Brewers traded for - John Curtiss out last night, and it was definitely forearm/elbow related.

Comment

And elbow maladies continue on players the Brewers traded for - John Curtiss out last night, and it was definitely forearm/elbow related.
                  Torn UCL, TJ needed.

Comment

• Corbin Burnes struck out 10 consecutive hitters last night, tying a MLB record held by Tom Seaver and Aaron Nola. He had a career-high 15 Ks overall, pitching 8 scoreless innings w no BBs and 4 H.

Comment

• are the Cubs still classified as a MLB team?
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        are the Cubs still classified as a MLB team?
                        ish...

Comment

• I just want to put this here:

Brandon Woodruff: 2.18 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, 163 K, 191 ERA+
                          Corbin Burnes: 2.23 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, 172 K, 187 ERA+
                          Freddy Peralta: 2.26 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, 162 K, 184 ERA+

Now there have obviously been many times where two pitchers in the same rotation have excelled before, but there haven't been many times where there have been three.

I guess we can look at the 1995 Braves and 1971 Orioles, who had four. The 1954 Indians are probably up there. But even with those teams, and many others who had great rotations, they had solid rotations, but not three stars. These three are ALL Cy Young candidates. This may be the best Top 3 ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            I just want to put this here:

Now there have obviously been many times where two pitchers in the same rotation have excelled before, but there haven't been many times where there have been three.

I guess we can look at the 1995 Braves and 1971 Orioles, who had four. The 1954 Indians are probably up there. But even with those teams, and many others who had great rotations, they had solid rotations, but not three stars. These three are ALL Cy Young candidates. This may be the best Top 3 ever.
                            Cool to see the Brew Crew trio. I do think you’re forgetting another great group: 1986 Mets.

Top 3:
                            Gooden 2.84 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 200 Ks, 250 IP
                            Darling 2.81 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, 184 Ks, 237 IP
                            Ojeda 2.57 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 148 Ks, 217 IP
                            Plus
                            Fernandez 3.01 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 200 Ks, 204 IP

Certainly deserve mention. While the ERA+ doesn’t match, impressive to put up those stats with all four starters logging 200+ IP. Brewers rotation accomplishment is cool; interesting that they’re at about 120 IP now. Might not make 150 let alone 200 IP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I just want to put this here:

They certainly have been amazing. Here is a list from ESPN: the top ten rotation in MLB.

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story...atestrotations

Comment

• The question is, do they compare to a trio that each has a 180 ERA+ or better?

Comment

Working...
                                X