Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    As filler, not the central piece.

They still need some star power bankable stats.
    I could see the Cubs standing pat on hitting. I'm doubtful they're all for real, but at least I can see a case for a core of Wisdom, Schwindel, Ortega, Contreras, and Happ being something good, with some late bargain shopping at the FA market. But the pitching....wow.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

As filler, not the central piece.

They still need some star power bankable stats.
      The Cubs would have to pay big money for those kinds of players. So far they are indicating that they want to go cheap.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        The Cubs would have to pay big money for those kinds of players. So far they are indicating that they want to go cheap.
        They talk like they are players. They talk like a big market team. They act like they are cheap.

Comment

They talk like they are players. They talk like a big market team. They act like they are cheap.
          They are also an HISTORIC franchise, you'd think they'd be signing big players by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            They are also an HISTORIC franchise, you'd think they'd be signing big players by now.
            Cubs in HISTORIC talks with Marcus Stroman. Fingers crossed for Gregg!
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Looks like a done deal - Stroman just tweeted "CHICAGO! @Cubs"
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Well that's awesome!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Thank you sir!

I heard about it as a real possibility on my way to bowling. I did not get the official news until about 10:30 last night. It was nice to get some good news on the Cubs front.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Well that's awesome!
                    Right!

Gives us a little hope.

Comment

Right!

Gives us a little hope.
                      Yeah, now you have one guy who'd be good enough to be the Brewers #4 SP.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Yeah, now you have one guy who'd be good enough to be the Brewers #4 SP.
                        No doubt the Brewers have an excellent staff.

No matter what the Cubs do moving forward they will not have an equal staff to the Brewers. But they need to continue to build and take calculated risks to close the gap (Rodon anyone?).

Comment

• I love Stroman in real life MLB. He's such a gamer, tons of durability, command, strong groundball rate, and he's increasing his swing-and-miss rate.

I just don't see much value in the contract. Really high AAV, and punitive opt-out structure, and a very short 2-3 year term. Seems like a stabilizer, or trade bait, but they're not building around him with such a short term deal.

Happy for Gregg.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

No matter what the Cubs do moving forward they will not have an equal staff to the Brewers. But they need to continue to build and take calculated risks to close the gap (Rodon anyone?).
                            I'm just yankin' your chain. I agree with Teenwolf's assessment of Stroman's capabilities, and that the AAV seemed high, but nobody's getting quality starting pitching on the cheap right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I'm just yankin' your chain. I agree with Teenwolf's assessment of Stroman's capabilities, and that the AAV seemed high, but nobody's getting quality starting pitching on the cheap right now.
                              Oh, I know. Yet there is truth in that chain.

I keep an eye on the Brewers and it is pretty amazing what they have done with their pitching staff.

Comment

Oh, I know. Yet there is truth in that chain.

I keep an eye on the Brewers and it is pretty amazing what they have done with their pitching staff.
                                I can't make sense of Adrian Houser. How did he have such a good season with only 17.5% Ks and 10.7% BBs?

Comment

Working...
                                X