2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    And I missed that he was 23 in single-A. Wow. Just wow.
    The Pirates better start dealing soon before all the 23 year old single-A players get snatched up by teams like the Cubs.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      $4.5M - my bad.
      Where does the $4.5M (or $8M) number come from?

When trading, you'd want to look at the value a player has OVER the amount of their contract. If a player is worth less than their contract, then you'd expect to get back basically nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Roughly what the Cubs are saving. I mean, there's biblical losses to offset for the Ricketts.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

When trading, you'd want to look at the value a player has OVER the amount of their contract. If a player is worth less than their contract, then you'd expect to get back basically nothing.
          Yeah, I was just trying to post Joc's salary, not make any statement about value or anything. I get that Joc shouldn't get a big return but also agree with chancellor about the Cubs' apparent rudderless direction.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Yeah, I was just trying to post Joc's salary, not make any statement about value or anything. I get that Joc shouldn't get a big return but also agree with chancellor about the Cubs' apparent rudderless direction.
            It’s not rudderless at all. Devoid of care for the fans, yes, but not rudderless. Rudder is steering straight downriver.

Comment

• Cubs and Pirates tied a MLB record by hitting a combined 3 GS's in 1 game. Duffy and Schwindel by the Cubs, Reynolds for the Bucs. This has been done 2 other times. The Orioles and Rangers did it in 1986, a game which I remember listening to. The O's lost even tho they hit 2 of the GSs. That day marked the beginning of a long slide downhill for the O's. The other time was in 2011 when the Yanks hit 3 GSs against Oakland, the only time one team has hit 3 GS's in a game.

Nice win for the Cubs after blowing 2 leads. There were a total of 6 GS's hit today, which supposedly is the 2nd most in MLB history. Pillar (NYM), Sanchez (NYY) and Vogelbach (Mil) hit the others.

Comment

• FROM ELIAS: The Cubs are the 1st team in MLB history to lose twice in a season by 8+ runs after leading by 7+ runs. They lost 15-7 vs the Brewers on June 30 when leading 7-0. They lost 17-8 today after leading 7-0

Comment

• Carter Hawkins has been named new GM of the Cubs.

Hawkins 37, spent 14 years with the Cleveland Guardians, the last five as an assistant GM. He joined the organization in 2008 as an advance scouting intern before transitioning in 2009 to a full-time position in professional scouting. A year later, Carter became assistant director of player development, which he held for four seasons before being elevated in 2015 to director of player development.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Franken Schwindelenstein. Starting at 1B for your 2022 Cubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Franken Schwindelenstein. Starting at 1B for your 2022 Cubs.
                        I gotta figure out if I'll keep him at 10 in a NL only 10-team 5x5 league with OBP/SLG replacing BA/HR
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Cubs 22-year-old OF prospect Nelson Velazquez was named the MVP of the Arizona Fall League. He hit .385/.480/.712 with 9 HR, 24 RBI and a 34/17 K/BB ratio in 104 at-bats over 26 games. His 1.191 OPS led the AFL.

The Cubs added him to their 40-man roster this week to protect him from the Rule 5 draft. Velasquez has only played 34 games above Single-A, but he could get a look in the second half of 2022.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cubs signed Clint Frazier. Off season saved! Seriously, it's a good move. If he's healthy and past his concussion issues he's a good gamble.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Cubs signed Clint Frazier. Off season saved! Seriously, it's a good move. If he's healthy and past his concussion issues he's a good gamble.
                              I agree. That is a good move for a rebuilding team. I wanted to see the Pirates sign him.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                I agree. That is a good move for a rebuilding team. I wanted to see the Pirates sign him.
                                As filler, not the central piece.

They still need some star power bankable stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X