No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how many weeks does it take for last year's mirage to turn into a trend? I sense a fire sale coming.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Pauly; 04-14-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Not exactly sure what the issue with Kyle Hendricks is, but here's some alarming stats:

Career HR rate: 1.0 HR/9
      2021: 3.3 HR/9

2020: 0.9 BB/9
      2021: 2.7 BB/9

Career FB%: 18.7%
      2021: 27.3%

Career GB%: 46.9%
      2021: 37.4%

Career HR/FB %: 11.8%
      2021: 31.4%

Soft Contact %
      2016: 25.5%
      2017: 22.5%
      2018: 22.4%
      2019: 19.7%
      2020: 17.4%
      2021: 16.2%

Career IFFB%: 10.0%
      2021: 2.9%

His pitch mix and velocity are the same as his career norms. So whatever he's doing, the balls that used to be hit on the ground or were meek infield flies are now getting hit harder to the OF or over the wall. Since he doesn't throw hard or strike anyone out, he really needs to find what's wrong and adjust it soon. Despite being a soft tosser, he was effective, and now he's not.

Comment

• I wonder if it could be related to the way baseball is changing in the stat cast era. Just as pitching is going more and more to velocity and K's, hitting is going to hard contact as the key, rather than trying to put balls in play. Maybe that is making it harder and harder for a soft-tosser to keep the soft contract rates up? Or maybe his location has just been off this year.

Comment

• What happened to Kris Bryant this month? Is the trade talk getting in his head?

April .322/.412/.667
          May .327/.400/.561
          June .114/.205/.241
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 1st 4 hitters Tonite for Arrieta:
            2B
            HBP
            1B
            GS

This guy is absolutely killing me!

Comment

• Arrieta's line tonite:

1.7 IP, 7R, 6ER (they might all be ER), 6H, 2BB, 4K.

Did I mention I have him in 2 leagues and, because of league rules, cant bench him rt now in either one?
              Last edited by rhd; 07-07-2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Did I mention I have him in 2 leagues an, because of league rules, cant bench him rt now in either one?
                Ouch. That'll leave a big mark. You may be saved - rumors are flying the Cubs will DFA him soon.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Arrieta placed on the IL today. At least I wont have to worry about another bad start from him on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Arrieta placed on the IL today. At least I wont have to worry about another bad start from him on Sunday.
                    He will not pitch another pitch in a Cubs uniform. The Cubs will NOT pick up his option next year.

Comment

• Joc attack traded to the Braves
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Bryant trade coming in 7....6....5....4...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Joc attack traded to the Braves
                          Hmmm…so the guy the Cubs signed to replace the guy who has hit a jillion HRs and is an All- Star is traded for a guy in Single-A who isn’t even a Braves top-ten prospect.

If I were hired as GM, even as a Brewers fan, I don’t think I could screw up this team worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Hmmm…so the guy the Cubs signed to replace the guy who has hit a jillion HRs and is an All- Star is traded for a guy in Single-A who isn’t even a Braves top-ten prospect.

If I were hired as GM, even as a Brewers fan, I don’t think I could screw up this team worse.
                            I mean, I guess if you think of it as "is this prospect worth $8M?" it gets mildly better? Probably doesn't help that I have no idea who this 23 year old 1B prospect in Single A is, lol.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I mean, I guess if you think of it as "is this prospect worth $8M?" it gets mildly better? Probably doesn't help that I have no idea who this 23 year old 1B prospect in Single A is, lol.
                              $4.5M - my bad.

Comment

And I missed that he was 23 in single-A. Wow. Just wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X