No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cubs have reassigned Javier Baez to minor league camp.

Comment

Continuing the Mike Olt Watch...

Olt off: Mike Olt’s bid to unseat Luis Valbuena and Donnie Murphy as third basemen suffered a blow as Olt made two errors in the seventh that led to three unearned runs.

Olt, playing his second game at third after being limited because of a sore right throwing shoulder, sailed a high throw to first and mishandled a backhanded attempt that scored the first of three runs.

It may just be jitters that caused those mistakes to happen. The backhand was a tough play to my eyes, but the high throw was all on him. He knocked out yet another homer yesterday, but Valbuena hit two of them to show that he wants to start as well. My gut has Olt starting the year in AAA to get his fielding back in shape, but I will not be shocked to see him in Chicago in May.

Comment

RotoWorld: Rangers claimed INF Donnie Murphy off waivers from the Cubs. Murphy, 31, hit .255/.318/.530 with 11 home runs in 163 plate appearances with the Cubs last season. He'll give the Rangers another option at second base as they attempt to get by without Jurickson Profar. As for the Cubs, it appears likely that Mike Olt will make the Opening Day roster.

Comment

Anybody bullish on Olt anymore? Seems like last year's struggles could've been explainable.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Anybody bullish on Olt anymore? Seems like last year's struggles could've been explainable.
            From CBS Sports- "He's really seeing the ball well," Renteria told reporters Tuesday. "He's obviously putting a charge into the baseball. And he's looked like the guy from the offensive side that everyone expected to see a few years ago."

We have a team in our NL only that currently has 10 Cubs combined between active and farm teams. To be fair we haven't turned in rosters yet...I am going to make him pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              From CBS Sports- "He's really seeing the ball well," Renteria told reporters Tuesday. "He's obviously putting a charge into the baseball. And he's looked like the guy from the offensive side that everyone expected to see a few years ago."

We have a team in our NL only that currently has 10 Cubs combined between active and farm teams. To be fair we haven't turned in rosters yet...I am going to make him pay.
              As hard as it is to believe it, the Cubbies do have some top notch talent in the pipeline. It will be interesting to see how they screw it up!
              Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                As hard as it is to believe it, the Cubbies do have some top notch talent in the pipeline. It will be interesting to see how they screw it up!
                I hear ya. This particular owner has none of the big prospect names.

Reminds me when I first got invited to play this silly game. I was not as prepared as I wanted to be and ended up with way too many Cubs on my first team. They were the only names I could think of in the heat of the auction.

Comment

Kalish and Mike Olt have made the opening day roster. Love Olt

Comment

It sounds like Olt will not be playing everyday to start the year as his shoulder isn't 100% and Valbuena had a good spring as well. Hoyer wouldn't say it in clear words, but he certainly implied that this is the plan. I think Olt is capable of taking the everyday job in a month or so, but may get pushed out if Baez is deemed ready in June/July.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
                      It sounds like Olt will not be playing everyday to start the year as his shoulder isn't 100% and Valbuena had a good spring as well. Hoyer wouldn't say it in clear words, but he certainly implied that this is the plan. I think Olt is capable of taking the everyday job in a month or so, but may get pushed out if Baez is deemed ready in June/July.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports....embeddedvideo
                      My play button did not work. Is it you thinking Olt gets pushed out by Baez or did Hoyer imply that?

Comment

Emilio Bonifacio sets a major league record with 9 hits over the season's 1st two games.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Emilio Bonifacio sets a major league record with 9 hits over the season's 1st two games.
                          Raising his price to $15 in our Chicago area NL only aucton this weekend.

Comment

Shows how much I know. Bonifacio went for what I thought was a way too high $13 in my auction (30% inflation, so this is an uninflated $10) this past weekend. I thought he'd have playing time issues and thought he was one of the worst buys of the auction.

Comment

I was mocked by a few for taking Bonafacio in Mock One.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I took him in the reserve rounds in our NL draft two weeks ago. The reason he lasted that long was because we had some dumb rule that prevented us during the draft to nominate him. It was because he was a non-roster invitee. Of course me the ex-commish didn't know that rule and brought him up which then generated lively not to mention colorful conversation. Damn it I wrote the damn rules but I prevailed and got him anyways. I wouldn't be surprise to see him get 300-400 ABs and 30 SBs.

Comment

Working...
                                X