2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just luck.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      you have company tho ... I had single digit Carlos Rodon & Cedric Mullins ...
      That hurts. I had Mullins too and threw him into an early season deal thinking he would fade. Rodon would hurt most of all. He has been crazy beastly.

Comment

• not to derail the Reds thread with Reds news, but Votto is back from IL and hitting cleanup tonight and SGray did NOT leave today's game after 3 innings with an arm injury, is the speculation - instead, back, leg, or groin.

"After Sonny Gray threw an awkward warm-up pitch before the fourth inning Tuesday, catcher Tucker Barnhart started walking toward the mound.

Trainer Tomas Vera and pitching coach Derek Johnson joined Barnhart at the mound. Gray chatted with Vera for about 30 seconds before manager David Bell emerged out of the dugout.

Shortly afterward, Gray began walking to the dugout."
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Moustakas moved to the 60-day IL after reaggravating his heel, so he's out another 6 weeks or so.

Comment

• The Reds sign 28 year-old OF Mallex Smith to a minor league contract.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Castellanos to miss a few weeks with a microfracture in his wrist.

Comment

• Reds acquire relievers Luis Cessa and Justin Wilson from the Yanks for a PTBNL.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Reds acquire relievers Luis Cessa and Justin Wilson from the Yanks for a PTBNL.
                  Typo of the day on Yahoo Sports: this was called a “clap-clearing move” for the Yankees.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Reds acquired Mychal Givens from Colorado for minor league pitcher Case Williams

Comment

• Joey Votto is dare I say, en fuego! 2 more HRs tonight, 7 in his last 5 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Joey Votto is dare I say, en fuego! 2 more HRs tonight, 7 in his last 5 games.
                        Even more so now. Counting his stats so far tonite, he is 15 HR, 35 RBI, 21 R, .388/.465/.976 since 7/19!

Comment

• might be a keep for me at 10 !

I just traded away the other NL hottest player - Pollock - while adding the new kid on that front, Brinson

#fuego
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• This doesn’t even seem like it should be possible.

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              might be a keep for me at 10 !

I just traded away the other NL hottest player - Pollock - while adding the new kid on that front, Brinson

#fuego
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The Reds are calling up SS Jose Barrero from Triple-A Louisville.

The 23-year-old, formerly known as Jose Garcia, has hit .303/.378/.532 with 17 homers and 15 steals over 80 games this season between Double-A and Triple-A.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X