No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Reynolds has come on strong (finally).

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Rudolfo Castro got a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for that phone incident. He is appealing the suspension.
      Why bother? It's not like he should be playing every day anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Why bother? It's not like he should be playing every day anyway.
        With the exception of Reynolds, none of the Pirates hitters should be playing every day.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

With the exception of Reynolds, none of the Pirates hitters should be playing every day.
          Reynolds was 0 for 4 with 2 Ks today. So maybe every other day!

Comment

• Oneil Cruz just hit a single clocked at 122.4 mph. Supposedly this is the hardest-hit ball ever tracked by Statcast.

Comment

• Pirates claimed 27 year-old OF Miguel Andujar off waivers from the Yankees. I like the move.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Pirates scored 6 runs today against their old nemesis Adam Wainwright. They had only scored a combined 5 runs (in 62 IP) against Wainwright in his previous 9 starts against them dating back to 2019.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Pirates scored 6 runs today against their old nemesis Adam Wainwright. They had only scored a combined 5 runs (in 62 IP) against Wainwright in his previous 9 starts against them dating back to 2019.
                  Wainwright has given up 23 runs in his last 27 innings, with today's 6, 4 ERs 4 other times and only 1 start in the last 6 was any good. Is this the end for Waino?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Wainwright has given up 23 runs in his last 27 innings, with today's 6, 4 ERs 4 other times and only 1 start in the last 6 was any good. Is this the end for Waino?
                    The Pirates won't miss him if he retires.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Going forward without Yadi could be a big deal for him.

Comment

• Oh great, NOW Ke'Bryan Hayes tells us that he's dealt with a nagging back issue ALL SEASON LONG.

Comment

• The Pirates sign Carlos Santana for 1 year/$6.7 million. Seriously? A soon-to-be 37 year old who has been regressing for several years now is their big free agent splash? Santana is now making just 50K less than the the Pirates best player Bryan Reynolds, whom they are trying to trade. What a joke this franchise is.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Pirates sign Carlos Santana for 1 year/$6.7 million. Seriously? A soon-to-be 37 year old who has been regressing for several years now is their big free agent splash? Santana is now making just 50K less than the the Pirates best player Bryan Reynolds, whom they are trying to trade. What a joke this franchise is.
                            And after signing Choi and Diaz. Spending all of your limited $ on 1B???

Comment

The Pirates sign Carlos Santana for 1 year/$6.7 million. Seriously? A soon-to-be 37 year old who has been regressing for several years now is their big free agent splash? Santana is now making just 50K less than the the Pirates best player Bryan Reynolds, whom they are trying to trade. What a joke this franchise is.
                              Agree. Completely ridiculous. Plus, they already had Miguel Andujar to at least give a shot to.

So they can't afford Reynolds, but have no problems paying Santana? That's insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                                And after signing Choi and Diaz. Spending all of your limited $ on 1B???
                                And they DFA Diaz just 8 days after claiming him off waivers.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X