X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    This has to be the worst lineup in MLB history:

And Todd Frazier is batting 7th lol.
    Last edited by madducks; 05-09-2021, 03:35 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And of course they’re pummeling the Cubs and Hendricks.

Comment

• Former All Star closer Felipe Vazquez was found guilty on 13 counts of sexual assault of a minor, so see you in the 2051 fantasy draft.

Comment

• Ke'Bryan Hayes starts his minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Triple-A Indianapolis.

Hayes has been out since week 1 and is eligible to return on June 3.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This is hilarious, unless you're a Pirates fan:

RW wrote that this was the worst defensive play in MLB history. That's overstating it but it was pretty bad. I feel sorry for Craig.

Comment

• That play right there shows you that the Pirates aren't fielding a major league team. Ownership is just throwing bodies out onto the field and hoping that fans will come out to PNC Park and spend their time and money at the concession and souvenir stands. Pirates owner Bob Nutting has no reason to stop doing this as long as The Yankees, Dodgers, and Red Sox are giving him over ten million dollars in free money every year in the form of the luxury tax. And Rob Manfred (and Bud Selig before) never asks where that money is being spent. I'll give you a clue... it's not being spent on the team payroll. Tony Clark of the MLBPA has been complaining about Pirates ownership for years now. Hopefully, this next CBA will call for more accountability by owners like Bob Nutting.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                RW wrote that this was the worst defensive play in MLB history. That's overstating it but it was pretty bad. I feel sorry for Craig.
                I mean, it may have been the worst defensive play in history. It's the worst one I've ever seen, with apologies to Jose Canseco's swollen cranium.

THERE WERE TWO OUTS! Just step on the bag, bro! Brutal.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  I mean, it may have been the worst defensive play in history. It's the worst one I've ever seen, with apologies to Jose Canseco's swollen cranium.

THERE WERE TWO OUTS! Just step on the bag, bro! Brutal.
                  Same here. And I was present for the Astros "blocked field goal" bunt defense play against the Nationals in 2012, which was a pretty high bar to top.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Yeah, a lot of people now are saying this is the worst defensive play they've ever seen. Here's another one about as bad, unfortunately involving my O's:

There was a baserunning play a few years back, also involving the O's, that IMO was an even worse play.

Comment

• Jomboy's breakdown made me laugh.

Maybe the Pirates will make practicing of rundowns between first base and home plate a regular part of their pregame fielding prep from now on.

I'm really surprised that Baez didn't get drilled in his next at bat. Pirates pitchers must have been in shock after that play. The two teams don't meet again until September. Baez may be traded by then.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people now are saying this is the worst defensive play they've ever seen. Here's another one about as bad, unfortunately involving my O's:

There was a baserunning play a few years back, also involving the O's, that IMO was an even worse play.
                        Wow. That was brutal. I think it’s worse that the Pirates gem this week.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people now are saying this is the worst defensive play they've ever seen. Here's another one about as bad, unfortunately involving my O's:

This was also fun to watch.

Given that the Pirates failed to convert a successful pickoff throw to 1B on the previous pitch, which allowed the runner to get to 1B, and also that Baez was interfered with after retreating and should have been awarded 1B only on obstruction, I think the Baez play is worse. If Craig had tagged Baez or thrown to 1B, Baez is out on the force and no runs can score.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            Wow. That was brutal. I think it’s worse that the Pirates gem this week.
                            Amazing that the 1B totally was unaware of the number of outs. That play alone should have resulted into a trip to the minors, or at least buying dinner for the whole team.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Amazing that the 1B totally was unaware of the number of outs. That play alone should have resulted into a trip to the minors, or at least buying dinner for the whole team.
                              Amazing that none of the other Pirates players on the field or even in the dugout yelled "touch first base." I guess they were all stunned into silence.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pirates designate 1B Will Craig for assignment. Needless to say, he wasn't a fan favorite after his bonehead play against the Cubs.

Colin Moran should return from the IL soon. Maybe today.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X