2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    That can't be right, his parents are police officers in Santo Domingo.
    Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
    Nutting serves as the President and CEO of Ogden Newspapers, Inc. headquartered in Wheeling, West Virginia. He is the great-grandson of company founder H. C. Ogden, and is the fourth generation of his family to run the company. Ogden Newspapers publishes 40 daily newspapers, multiple weekly newspapers and magazines as well as many phone directories. The company has newspapers and other media forms in 12 states.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
      Nutting serves as the President and CEO of Ogden Newspapers, Inc. headquartered in Wheeling, West Virginia. He is the great-grandson of company founder H. C. Ogden, and is the fourth generation of his family to run the company. Ogden Newspapers publishes 40 daily newspapers, multiple weekly newspapers and magazines as well as many phone directories. The company has newspapers and other media forms in 12 states.
      Is this a Dominican newspaper?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Gregory Polanco has become my favorite Pirate this year, if only for one year. And not because of anything that he is doing on the field, because his numbers are terrible. But, his terrible numbers and $11 million salary are making it impossible for the Pirates to trade him like they want to. And i know that it's driving Pirates owner Bob Nutting crazy that he can't get his greedy little hands on the $5.5 million that the Pirates have to pay Polanco for the second half of this season. And if they can't dump Polanco, the Pirates will also be on the hook for another $4 million to buy out the remaining two years of his contract. And we all know that Nutting won't reinvest any money that he saves back into the team. So, this season, Gregory Polanco's horrible numbers will just make me smile. Just knowing that Gregory Polanco is taking a lot of money out of Bob Nutting's pocket is quite satisfying to me.
        Polonco failed you tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          At least he has his newspaper to fall back on.

Comment

At least he has his newspaper to fall back on.
            It was not clear, but "his" referred to Nutting, not Polanco.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
              I'm used to Pirates players failing me. It doesn't even phase me any more.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                It was not clear, but "his" referred to Nutting, not Polanco.
                I was aware, from the beginning, but it was more fun my way.

Assuming ambiguous statements apply to the person that they obviously don't apply to is my kind of humor. It's not for everyone, I know!

Comment

Assuming ambiguous statements apply to the person that they obviously don't apply to is my kind of humor. It's not for everyone, I know!
                  I saw what you did, and found it pretty funny, myself.
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                  RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I also appreciate that type of humor. It took your second volley for me to get it (I am disappointed in myself for not getting the first one).

Comment

• Ke'Bryan Hayes reaggravated his injured left wrist while taking swings in Detroit on Wednesday.
                      Hayes had been traveling with the Pirates and was pushing closer toward a return, but he will now head back to Pittsburgh to be reexamined by the team's medical staff. This could obviously be a pretty significant setback to his timetable. The 24-year-old budding star landed on the injured list during the opening weekend of the 2021 regular season after experiencing wrist discomfort on a swing April 3 at Wrigley Field. Phillip Evans and Erik Gonzalez have been doing most of the filling in at third base for the Bucs in his absence.

SOURCE: Mike Persak on Twitter
                      Apr 22, 2021, 10:36 AM ET

Comment

• Phillip Evans is a pretty useful deep league guy in Hayes' absense (and probably beyond, in all honesty)

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          I saw what you did, and found it pretty funny, myself.
                          Agreed. And people falling for it “hook, line, and sinker” was pretty funny. It was a very “Fletch” line, which is high praise in my book. Or “Ted Lasso” for the younger crowd. Anyone see that yet? Thought it was great.

Back to the Pirates, so sad overall. Musgrove, Glasnow, Meadows, etc. Yet they banked on Polanco. Yuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            Agreed. And people falling for it “hook, line, and sinker” was pretty funny. It was a very “Fletch” line, which is high praise in my book. Or “Ted Lasso” for the younger crowd. Anyone see that yet? Thought it was great.

Back to the Pirates, so sad overall. Musgrove, Glasnow, Meadows, etc. Yet they banked on Polanco. Yuck.
                            Cole
                            Musgrove
                            Glasnow
                            Morton
                            Taillon

...would be a heck of a rotation

They didn't so much bank on Polanco as they found he's the guy they can't trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Cole
                              Musgrove
                              Glasnow
                              Morton
                              Taillon

...would be a heck of a rotation

They didn't so much bank on Polanco as they found he's the guy they can't trade.
                              Had he not gotten injured in 2019, they'd have found a way to trade him.
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• This has to be the worst lineup in MLB history:

Comment