2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    And he just jacked another off Josh Hader.
    Currently, his OPS is 1.256 w a BABIP of .000!

Comment

Dammit. I gave a cheap keeper Barnes for Hader and I am regretting it. Is something wrong with Hader?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Dammit. I gave a cheap keeper Barnes for Hader and I am regretting it. Is something wrong with Hader?
        No, he just hadn't had any work for a long time. Good velocity and bite on his slider, but with the long layoff, his location wasn't good. Just put one center cut and it got taken out.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

4 of his 5 HR have traveled 400 feet or more. The other one traveled 385 feet. So no cheap ones for Rodolfo Castro.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            4 of his 5 HR have traveled 400 feet or more. The other one traveled 385 feet. So no cheap ones for Rodolfo Castro.
            Dude is a monster, everyone should be trading for him if they can (no self interest in this post, no sir)
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So, the Pirates got RHP Brennan Malone and SS Liover Peguero for 2 years of Starling Marte. And the Marlins just got LHP Jesus Luzardo for 2 months of Starling Marte.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So, the Pirates got RHP Brennan Malone and SS Liover Peguero for 2 years of Starling Marte. And the Marlins just got LHP Jesus Luzardo for 2 months of Starling Marte.
                Jesus ain't what he used to be
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Jesus ain't what he used to be
                  Jesus is just alright with me.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So, the Pirates got RHP Brennan Malone and SS Liover Peguero for 2 years of Starling Marte. And the Marlins just got LHP Jesus Luzardo for 2 months of Starling Marte.
                    A big factor for the two cheapest teams in sports is the fact that the Marlins paid all of Marte's remaining contract. And yeah, Luzardo's star has faded, but I think he is still a great gamble for a 2 month rental.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Dude is a monster, everyone should be trading for him if they can (no self interest in this post, no sir)
                      And just think how even more awesome he'll be once that BABIP normalizes !

Comment

He's struggling, now, only hit a double. Harper should have had an easy catch but misjudged it
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Dee Strange-Gordon has decided to opt-out of his minor league deal with the Pirates.

The 33-year-old Strange-Gordon had his club option declined by the Mariners last fall and has since signed minor league deals with the Pirates, Reds, Brewers, and Cubs.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think i may have pissed off Liover Peguero.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I hadn't seen that the Bucs got Michael Chavis for Austin Davis. Seems like a great no lose, buy low deal that the Bucs should be making left and right.

Comment

• A couple of deep league picks from the Pirates:

OF Anthony Alford is getting another look in the Pirates outfield after hitting .307/.420/.593 with 14 hr & 9 sb in 56 games at Triple-A. The 27 year-old Alford says that he made some adjustments to his swing after being demoted in early April. He went 3-4 with 2 2b, k, cs (pickoff) in his first game back. He can play all 3 OF spots, so he should see plenty of playing time down the stretch.

OF Hoy Park's first 5 MLB starts last week were at SS, CF, RF, LF, & SS. He is 8-21 (no hr or sb yet) for the Pirates so far after being obtained from the Yankees in the Clay Holmes trade. The 25 year-old Park, in the minors this year, has hit .288/.435/.500 with 11 hr & 11 sb in 61 games. He's been batting leadoff for the Pirates and could push light hitting SS Kevin Newman into a utility role. Or maybe Park becomes an everyday super utility type.

LHP Steven Brault made his 2021 debut after missing 4 months with a severe lat strain and gave up 1 er in 4 ip. He's probably only going to be a 5 inning guy for the next several starts. But, the best singer in baseball could be a sneaky pick for September if he can duplicate the mini-breakout that he had last September (2.92 era, 1.01 whip, 24 k's in 24.2 ip).

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X