2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Giolito vs. Trevor Rogers. Duel at dawn from 60 ft. apart. Each gets a bucket of balls. First one to even hit the other one wins.
    good thing we are near the summer solstice and the days are long
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Giolito making a solid run at worst draft pick of 2022 (non injured i guess). This guy just sucks and I really cant figure out why.
      I can't help wonder if it is a head problem. His history does seem like a rollercoaster ride. I seem to remember an article when he first figured it out with the White Sox that his girlfriend pointed out something that made the confidence light bulb come on. I later heard it affirmed by him in an interview on the SCORE radio station. Now I wonder if he has lost his way and is pressing.

He is currently 14Y in our AL only league. This means he was extended and has next year left. It would also cost the owner 14 real dollars to drop him. I am half tempted to throw an offer his way. Unfortunately he is in 10th place and might be best just to sit tight and hope for the turnaround.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I can't help wonder if it is a head problem. His history does seem like a rollercoaster ride. I seem to remember an article when he first figured it out with the White Sox that his girlfriend pointed out something that made the confidence light bulb come on. I later heard it affirmed by him in an interview on the SCORE radio station. Now I wonder if he has lost his way and is pressing.

He is currently 14Y in our AL only league. This means he was extended and has next year left. It would also cost the owner 14 real dollars to drop him. I am half tempted to throw an offer his way. Unfortunately he is in 10th place and might be best just to sit tight and hope for the turnaround.
        I was looking over him and couple of things stood out. His spin rate is down and his hard hit rate has gone up. His FIP is only 5.09. Whether it is mental or not he is too hittable and giving up HR at alarming rate. If you get him does the contract cost of dropping him transfer to you? Seems risky to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          I was looking over him and couple of things stood out. His spin rate is down and his hard hit rate has gone up. His FIP is only 5.09. Whether it is mental or not he is too hittable and giving up HR at alarming rate. If you get him does the contract cost of dropping him transfer to you? Seems risky to me.
          Thanks for posting this. I did not look into his FIP numbers and spin rate. Giolito says he is leaving too many pitches inside. If you think you cannot locate could that be a head issue?

The cost of dropping does transfer. I am not trying to sound like a big shooter, when I say that the 14 bucks does not sway me one way or the other. In fact should I move ahead with an offer, I would hope that the other owner thinks the 14 bucks is a big deal.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I did not look into his FIP numbers and spin rate. Giolito says he is leaving too many pitches inside. If you think you cannot locate could that be a head issue?

The cost of dropping does transfer. I am not trying to sound like a big shooter, when I say that the 14 bucks does not sway me one way or the other. In fact should I move ahead with an offer, I would hope that the other owner thinks the 14 bucks is a big deal.
            I'm basing this not observing him pitch. I only saw him in his 1st start against the Tigers and he pitched pretty well but most pitchers look good pitching to the Tigers. Also his velo is slightly down but it looks like it is in range. Don't know if it a head issue. He seems risky to me at this point but I suppose he is the poster child for a low buy.

Comment

• On May 26th Giolito was sitting pretty - 3-1 with a 2.63 ERA

Since then he's given up 9 HR and 11 BB in 25.2 IP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                On May 26th Giolito was sitting pretty - 3-1 with a 2.63 ERA

Since then he's given up 9 HR and 11 BB in 25.2 IP.
                If he is not injured and they say he is not the talent is there. Pitching coaches should be able to see what is different in that time frame. If the mechanics look good it has to be a confidence or head thing.

Comment

If he is not injured and they say he is not the talent is there. Pitching coaches should be able to see what is different in that time frame. If the mechanics look good it has to be a confidence or head thing.
                  Yeah, I have guys trying to buy low, but I a not selling. Just a rough patch.

Comment

• Historically Giolito has not had signficant L/R splits. This year he has extreme reverse splits. Righties are destroying him to the tune of .344/.409/.702. He's been good against lefties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Yeah, I have guys trying to buy low, but I a not selling. Just a flesh wound !
                      Fixed
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dylan Cease hasn't given up more than 1+ ER in a game since May 24. Last 13 starts, 0.51 ERA.

In fact, he set an MLB record last night for the most consecutive starts allowing 1 or fewer ERs with 13.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Dylan Cease hasn't given up more than 1+ ER in a game since May 24. Last 13 starts, 0.51 ERA.

In fact, he set an MLB record last night for the most consecutive starts allowing 1 or fewer ERs with 13.
                            So we can expect regression?

Kidding aside I tried to get him as part of a trade piece (he is 6b and will need a raise) for Ohtani a few weeks ago. He was off limits.

Comment

• Tim Anderson is going to miss 4-6 weeks due to a torn ligament in his left hand. And season-ending surgery is a possibility.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tony LaRussa out indefinitely with a medical issue and has gone back home for additional tests. Presser where it was announced sounded really grim.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X