Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K22: Chicago White Sox

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Controller Jacobs's Avatar
    Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 11-25-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Controller Jacobs's Avatar
    This team is set up pretty efficiently at SP and MI, and they addressed 1B with Jose Abreu. But they had the worst offense in the AL in 2013, and need a lot more offense out of LF, RF, 3B and Catcher. They could arguably afford to wait - they've got a lot of young pitchers under team control thru 2017.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Their farm still has a long way to go and I wonder if trading Sale is something they should consider. They're a long way off, and his delivery is so scary. If they could get a package like the Rays got for Shields (Sale is probably worth more than that), it could go a long way towards solving their long-term issues.

Maybe Semien is a long-term starter at 2B. If you wish really hard maybe Leury Garcia settles in as a regular SS. They have Avisail Garcia who I like in RF. They have Abreu who is hopefully a middle of the order bat at 1B/DH.

But they also have guys like Alexei, Dunn, even Beckham and De Aza who aren't long-term solutions.

with the acquisition of Eaton, who gets bumped to the bench? Dayan Viciedo? Avisail Garcia? Maybe Juan Abreu starts the year in the minors?

Journeyman
    given my impression of the White Sox org, I doubt they know yet. I assume they'll make a decision based on Spring Training stats.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Grinch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl View Post
    I assume they'll make a decision based on Spring Training stats.
    or they'll make another trade....
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    with the acquisition of Eaton, who gets bumped to the bench? Dayan Viciedo? Avisail Garcia? Maybe Juan Abreu starts the year in the minors?
    Neither one, they're both corner outfielders, and young besides. Look for De Aza to go, IMO...and for them to aggressively shop Dunn for a bag of balls. Both he and Pauly are going to be gone by next season, so there's no reason to wait when they have a logjam...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    Neither one, they're both corner outfielders, and young besides. Look for De Aza to go, IMO...and for them to aggressively shop Dunn for a bag of balls. Both he and Pauly are going to be gone by next season, so there's no reason to wait when they have a logjam...
    YOu are correct, oh sage one:

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the White Sox will be fielding trade inquiries on Alejandro De Aza following the acquisition of Adam Eaton.
    Eaton will take over in center field, leaving De Aza without a position. De Aza is projected by MLBTradeRumors.com to make $4.4 million in his second year of arbitration this winter. It's not a bad price to pay for a guy that's batted .278/.343/.421 with 30 homers and 58 steals over his last two and a half seasons.
    Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter
    Dec 10 - 6:57 PM

If they can get a good return for the underrated De Aza, that's one thing, but they shouldn't just give him away. I'm not big on Viciedo anymore, and I can see both Eaton and De Aza starting.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

wow that bullpen looks pretty scary now without Reed anchoring it ...