No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad for White Sox fans this year. They had so much talent and promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Tony LaRussa out indefinitely with a medical issue and has gone back home for additional tests. Presser where it was announced sounded really grim.
      Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that White Sox manager Tony La Russa is expected to announce his retirement on Monday.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Are the Sox bringing back Ozzie?

Michael Allardyce of NBC Sports Chicago reports that the White Sox will interview Ozzie Guillén for their managerial opening next week.

Guillén managed the White Sox from 2004-2011 and led the team to a World Series title in 2005.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• twitter is saying they will hire Joe Espada - the guy who I said was going to Miami.

Comment

• The White Sox hired Pedro Grifol as manager last week.

Grifol, 52, had been working as a major league coach with the Royals since 2013 and was the director of minor league operations for the Mariners before that.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The White Sox sign SP Mike Clevinger for 1 year/ $8 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                The White Sox sign SP Mike Clevinger for 1 year/ $8 million.
                Seems like a reasonable gamble and contract.

Comment

• From RW:

White Sox closer Liam Hendriks announced Sunday that he has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.It's obviously a devastating blow for the All-Star right-hander. White Sox general manager Rick Hahn released a statement on Sunday saying "we are optimistic he will pitch again for the White Sox as soon as viable" and that "We do not expect to have any updates on Liam's playing status prior to Opening Day at the very earliest." Kendall Graveman would likely be the next man up to work in the ninth inning for as long as Hendriks is sidelined.

Comment

• Wow, I hate to think about his playing prospects, but that's what we do on this board. That last sentence sounds ominous, however. Seems like he's going to miss significant time.

Comment

• That sucks. I hope his recovery goes as well as possible for him. If that is the case, and it could be given he is a young, healthy person otherwise, I'd guess, best case, he is out until the AS break. An aggressive treatment plan usually lasts 3-4 months, and it will take a lot out of him, so building back up will take longer. A more normal treatment plan probably would not take as long to recover from, but will take about 6 months. Either way, returning to baseball in July would be a great outcome for him. Five year survival rates for NHL are over 70%, even for stage 3, and is close to 85% if they caught it early, but that is for all populations, including people in much worse shape and with less resources. There are a lot of variables, but I'd imagine, given his age, condition, and the treatment available to him, his chances are higher than most for beating this and having a complete recovery. It still will take time. Seeing him on the field in less than 6 months seems very unlikely.

Comment

• Might be time to take Clevinger off your draft board.

Comment

• The Kopech bounceback lasted a whole one inning. I fall for shit like this way too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            The Kopech bounceback lasted a whole one inning. I fall for shit like this way too much.
                            I tried to fall for it, but got outbid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I tried to fall for it, but got outbid.
                              I did too.

Comment

• I've moved on to falling for different shit.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X