2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    LaRussa is such a fucking douchebag. Players should demand he be shit-canned.
    Can't we 86 this idiot.

Comment

• CC Sabathia went off on LaRussa during his R2C2 podcast yesterday.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I guess it would be disrespectful to always refer to him as Tony 'do you know who I am' LaRussa.

I was watching that game. and as the Twins were losing badly and fans were leaving, then Astudillo came in to pitch. at that moment the Universe stopped. even the gods in the heavens stopped what they were doing to watch and held their breath. each pitch was like Halleys Comet entering a solar system. the curvature of space and time condensed around the strike zone. all the fans leaving stood frozen like atoms surrounded in bose condensate.

the first out was a comeback to the pitcher. and the crowd cheered. it seemed Astudillo tapped into Rube Waddell. and everyone wondered, would he call in his fielders and take care of the outs himself. the next out was a pop up to the 1B. Astudillo ran towards first and took his hat off signifying he wanted to catch it. but Sano caught it. it was one of those moment's where you wondered, what if Astudillo went to catch it and missed and the moment would've been ruined. so Sano was being protective.

then the Mercedes AB. I don't blame him for trying to hit a 3-0 out of the park. it wasn't easy. the man felt challenged. and it was challenging. there's no freebies or do overs in baseball. the only unwritten rule is each man tries his hardest. and when everyone does that it's called a sport.

it was a great inning. and it furthered the legend of Willians Astudillo. he's the second coming of Bartolo Colon. and only self absorbed managers would try to take that moment away from the players and fans for themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          CC Sabathia went off on LaRussa during his R2C2 podcast yesterday.

That was AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting.

Comment

• The ChiSox are really managing Garrett Crochet's innings. He's been MIA since May 13th!

Comment

• In his start yesterday, Dylan Cease tied Jacob deGrom for most pitches swung at and missed in a game this season with 29.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                In his start yesterday, Dylan Cease tied Jacob deGrom for most pitches swung at and missed in a game this season with 29.
                Wow. That’s impressive. Need to give Cease another look.

Comment

• Nick Madrigal probably done for the season with a torn hammy.

Comment

Nick Madrigal probably done for the season with a torn hammy.
                    Dang. If I had done a "bold predictions" post pre-season, I would have boldly predicted a .330 BA, 110+ runs, and 25 SBs for Madrigal. Not that I thought he'd reach that, but I thought it was possible. Correspondingly, I targeted him everywhere. Sooooooooo, that didn't quite work out.....

Edit: I mean, the .305 BA is awesome. But it's a very empty, Placido Polanco-esque .305. And 1 SB?
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Dang. If I had done a "bold predictions" post pre-season, I would have boldly predicted a .330 BA, 110+ runs, and 25 SBs for Madrigal. Not that I thought he'd reach that, but I thought it was possible. Correspondingly, I targeted him everywhere. Sooooooooo, that didn't quite work out.....

Edit: I mean, the .305 BA is awesome. But it's a very empty, Placido Polanco-esque .305. And 1 SB?
                      Yeah, in the pre-season most pundits projected 15+ SBs. With his elite contact skills, he really needs to add something else to make himself fantasy relevant. Too bad, this is his second straight abbreviated season.

And in the Bold Predictions thread, I predicted him to win AL ROTY and the batting title......

Comment

• The last Nick Madrigal style prospect that I remember (70+ hit, 20 power) is Jose Iglesias. Took him several years to become a starter and league average bat. It's tough for hitters with BA ability but no HR and under 15 SB. I see a high floor, low ceiling, but with a BA deficient build he could work. More of a plug than a potential star for me.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Yeah, same. The lack of SBs was killer.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Since May 1, Yermin Mercedes is hitting .193/.260/.271.

Hope you sold high!

Comment

Nick Madrigal probably done for the season with a torn hammy.
                              The White Sox are reportedly kicking the tires on Adam Frazier and Eduardo Escobar.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Uh-oh...Jose Abreu.

Jose Abreu left Sunday's game against the Mariners after being struck on the left knee by a fastball.

Abreu was hit on the knee by a 96 mile per hour sinker from Seattle pitcher JT Chargois. The reigning Most Valuable Player was on the ground in pain for a lengthy period of time before being helped off the field, unable to put weight on his left leg.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X