2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    My first thought was, why do people put septuagenarians in charge of shit like this... my second thought was, wait, how fuckin' old is Joe Biden?!?!
    For the record, I did NOT steal heye's password.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

My first thought was, why do people put septuagenarians in charge of shit like this... my second thought was, wait, how fuckin' old is Joe Biden?!?!
      At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the last president - also a septuagenarian.
      One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• When are we going to start talking about Giolito as a bust? Sure it isnt Castillo level, but dude is getting beaten up.

Comment

• Never thought Id see a Madrigal HR.

BTW...take a look at the last six La Russa lineups...none of them are remotely similar. It is like Harry Caray is putting the lineups together in extra innings.

Comment

• Nick Madrigal has a 99.3% Z-Contact rate. That's astounding. And an 86.7% O-Contact rate.

Comment

• I think the possibly open window to buy low on Giolito just slammed shut today.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• TLR can't make it all season like this, right? His own players can't stand him.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                  At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the last president - also a septuagenarian.
                  that doesn't make it much better. I often wonder if 70 year olds should be driving cars, let alone running countries.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

that doesn't make it much better. I often wonder if 70 year olds should be driving cars, let alone running countries.
                    Let's see how you feel about that when you are 69.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      TLR can't make it all season like this, right? His own players can't stand him.
                      Sure he can, his owner loves him...unless they go on a HUGE losing streak, he's got a job in Chicago as long as he wants.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• LaRussa is such a fucking douchebag. Players should demand he be shit-canned.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          LaRussa is such a fucking douchebag. Players should demand he be shit-canned.
                          That is not how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            That is not how it works.
                            Depends on how bad it gets
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Depends on how bad it gets
                              Agree, when you're talking about how you have an office and your ace pitcher only has a locker, you're heading that direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Agree, when you're talking about how you have an office and your ace pitcher only has a locker, you're heading that direction.
                                Calling one of your best young players Clueless, because he doesn't agree with those Unwritten Rules and having that player say--I'm gonna continue to be myself is just another step out the door as well.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X