No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the White Sox snakebit or is this karma for the LaRussa hire?

One thing the White Sox didn't really have going into this season was depth. Whoops.

Comment

• If the White Sox think Brian Goodwin is the answer, they might be asking the wrong question.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        If the White Sox think Brian Goodwin is the answer, they might be asking the wrong question.
        Not even the Pirates wanted him.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Curious on how much his salary is and what would a "fair" offer look like.

I would think now would be the time for trading him for something good rather than wait until mid-season and try to get more?

I am wondering on what I have to give to get? He is a 15B in our AL only. I would think he needs a 1 or 2 year raise next year.
          Anyone care to share what Robert's salary is your league. Would you give him a year or two if he was a B contract this year?

Comment

Anyone care to share what Robert's salary is your league. Would you give him a year or two if he was a B contract this year?
            I'm not a medical professional, but I think that his steals may be curtailed when he comes back. Even if the injury takes a half step off his speed, it'll make a big difference, and that's a big portion of his game.

I made what I consider to be a strong bid in one of my leagues, but part of me is OK with it being turned down. It may not be like TJ where there's a good track record of coming back strong, maybe stronger than before. This is foreign territory.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

10-team AL only, OBP/SLG instead of BA/HR. 15X contract, final year of his rookie year. We have about 15-20% inflation on hitters; if he'd been put into the auction this year, would have gone for 30 based on the input of the guys that I know. I wouldn't extend him, but I was admittedly more leery of him than most given his poor contact rate and slash line with a pretty normalized BABIP last year. The risk of SBs going down would be too much for me to invest a lot into him.

Comment

10 team AL only, standard scoring and 3-yr contracts. About 25% inflation probably. Robert was re-drafted this year and went for $37.

Comment

Curious on how much his salary is and what would a "fair" offer look like.

I would think now would be the time for trading him for something good rather than wait until mid-season and try to get more?

I am wondering on what I have to give to get? He is a 15B in our AL only. I would think he needs a 1 or 2 year raise next year.
                  First, to address the injury - as I understand it this is a muscle tear, no damage to tendons or ligaments. So for me the question is if he will be prone to muscle tears or recurrence of the injury. I think it is a concern, but I don't think we should assume this is going to plague him into next year and beyond, though it is possible. People tear muscles all the time and recover.

As far as keeping him, I think you have plenty of time to see how he recovers and if it impacts him. He made a lot of strides in his hitting in the small time he played, although power was notably absent. At 15B in an only league I am assuming I would extend a year or two depending on the news from August/Sept and even what we see next spring.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Yasmani Grandal is hitting .121 with an OBP of .346 Seven hits, but twenty walks. If you own him i hope it is in an OBP league.
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Thanks for the input fellas.

I traded Joey Gallo 32B, Mike Zunino 1A and Jeffrey Springs 3FA (can't keep) for Luis Robert 15B, Harold Castro 10W (can't keep), and Kevin Plawecki 1A won't keep.

The rebuild is in full swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Yasmani Grandal is hitting .121 with an OBP of .346 Seven hits, but twenty walks. If you own him i hope it is in an OBP league.
                        It is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                          It is not.
                          oooooohhhh.....that has to hurt
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• "There have been issues with manager Tony La Russa, the 76-year-old who was hired this past offseason after not having done the job since 2011.

On Wednesday, La Russa had a rough 10th inning in Cincinnati in a 1-0 loss to the Reds.

Thanks to a double switch, the fifth spot in the batting order was the final out of the ninth inning and closer Liam Hendriks was in that spot. The new rules for extra innings stipulate that the offense will begin with a runner on second base. The player from the batting order spot who made the last out in the previous inning is who starts on second base. There is an exception, however, that states that if that spot in the lineup is a pitcher, the team can elect to have "the player preceding the pitcher in the batting order."

La Russa didn't know this. And instead, the White Sox used Hendriks on second base instead of Jose Abreu, who was in the four hole ahead of Hendricks. Abreu isn't a burner or anything, but he's an experienced baserunner. Hendriks has only been on base one time in his career (in 2015) and he didn't even get to second base.

ESPN's Jeff Passan on Monday reported that "the patience in some parts of the White Sox's clubhouse is growing thin" with some of La Russa's decision-making."

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas.

I traded Joey Gallo 32B, Mike Zunino 1A and Jeffrey Springs 3FA (can't keep) for Luis Robert 15B, Harold Castro 10W (can't keep), and Kevin Plawecki 1A won't keep.

The rebuild is in full swing.
                              Nice. Someone expects Joey's power to heat up with the weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                "There have been issues with manager Tony La Russa, the 76-year-old who was hired this past offseason after not having done the job since 2011.

On Wednesday, La Russa had a rough 10th inning in Cincinnati in a 1-0 loss to the Reds.

Thanks to a double switch, the fifth spot in the batting order was the final out of the ninth inning and closer Liam Hendriks was in that spot. The new rules for extra innings stipulate that the offense will begin with a runner on second base. The player from the batting order spot who made the last out in the previous inning is who starts on second base. There is an exception, however, that states that if that spot in the lineup is a pitcher, the team can elect to have "the player preceding the pitcher in the batting order."

La Russa didn't know this. And instead, the White Sox used Hendriks on second base instead of Jose Abreu, who was in the four hole ahead of Hendricks. Abreu isn't a burner or anything, but he's an experienced baserunner. Hendriks has only been on base one time in his career (in 2015) and he didn't even get to second base.

ESPN's Jeff Passan on Monday reported that "the patience in some parts of the White Sox's clubhouse is growing thin" with some of La Russa's decision-making."
                                https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/t...-fall-to-reds/
                                My first thought was, why do people put septuagenarians in charge of shit like this... my second thought was, wait, how fuckin' old is Joe Biden?!?!
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X