2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Thanks for the article. There are some others mentioned that I want to check out later.

Keeping my theory alive this was Larussa's comment at the end of the Wainwright comment:

"or maybe later on he pitches this year as a starter.”
    I missed that last bit when I first read the article. Thanks for pointing it out. I have him in one league and would love for him to be in the rotation.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Well, if Cease continues to cease to find the strike zone, it'll force the White Sox hand, I'd think.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Robert on Covid list.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Robert on Covid list.
          From what I heard, just as a precaution because of flu-like symptoms. The hope is that he tests negative continuously and returns in a day or two.

Comment

• Giolito with a one run lead in the 7th, walks the leadoff guy, then Baddoo has a long at bat which took Giolito to 104 pitches. He was clearly gassed. soooooooo....larussa leaves him in for 4 more batters, he gives up three hits and 3 ER. Great hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Giolito with a one run lead in the 7th, walks the leadoff guy, then Baddoo has a long at bat which took Giolito to 104 pitches. He was clearly gassed. soooooooo....larussa leaves him in for 4 more batters, he gives up three hits and 3 ER. Great hire.
              I'd say he's sleeping with the manager's daughter, but given the circumstances, granddaughter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Giolito with a one run lead in the 7th, walks the leadoff guy, then Baddoo has a long at bat which took Giolito to 104 pitches. He was clearly gassed. soooooooo....larussa leaves him in for 4 more batters, he gives up three hits and 3 ER. Great hire.
                White Sox manager Tony La Russa takes blame for mishandling Lucas Giolito in frustrating loss vs. Tigers La Russa said he didn't recognize that Giolito was out of gas

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  White Sox manager Tony La Russa takes blame for mishandling Lucas Giolito in frustrating loss vs. Tigers La Russa said he didn't recognize that Giolito was out of gas
                  He's a Hall of Fame manager!

Comment

• Oh boy, Robert goes down in a heap. This looks like a long term one.

SOB.

Comment

• Well, now they're saying a hip flexor strain and xrays negative. Avoided a bullet here apparently although this could slow his running game when he does return.

Comment

Well, now they're saying a hip flexor strain and xrays negative. Avoided a bullet here apparently although this could slow his running game when he does return.
                        They are saying Robert is out 3-4 months. Flexor fully torn.

Comment

Well, now they're saying a hip flexor strain and xrays negative. Avoided a bullet here apparently although this could slow his running game when he does return.
                          Bullet not avoided — out 4-5 months, possibly the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            hmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              uuggghhh. Hope he has a full recovery, however long that takes. Gonna be rejecting a lot of low ball offers I am sure.
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                uuggghhh. Hope he has a full recovery, however long that takes. Gonna be rejecting a lot of low ball offers I am sure.
                                Curious on how much his salary is and what would a "fair" offer look like.

I would think now would be the time for trading him for something good rather than wait until mid-season and try to get more?

I am wondering on what I have to give to get? He is a 15B in our AL only. I would think he needs a 1 or 2 year raise next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X