X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

can't take a punch either.
    Jose Ramirez is a good hitter.

And of course, Eloy Jimenez is the one who comes out of the brawl with an injury.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• If baseball really cared about speeding up the game it would be automatic suspension for anyone that went onto the field from the dugout and especially the bullpen. Hitters won't charge the mound if they know their teammates can't come out to help them.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Eloy to miss the entire series in Colorado as he recovers from a groin strain that originated last December while planting seeds.

Comment

• White Sox fired GM Rick Hahn and executive VP (former GM) Ken Williams.

Comment

• There is talk of selling and moving the team out of Chicago. Even as a Cubs fan that would be sad to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              There is talk of selling and moving the team out of Chicago. Even as a Cubs fan that would be sad to me.
              There are at least 6 MLB teams that are threatening to move. These are mostly bluffs and I sure hope their respective cities/states call them on it. AFAIK rt now, there is only one place to move to because there is only one city that has committed to building a new stadium. That city is Las Vegas and the A's already are moving there. Other than Oakland, these teams cant move. Even if there were other viable locations that had a stadium deal in place, for a number of reasons it still will be terribly difficult for a team to move to or to locate an expansion team in a new city.
              Last edited by rhd; 08-26-2023, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Cease blown up again yesterday -- 8 ER in 4 1/3 IP -- this time to the lowly A's.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Cease blown up again yesterday -- 8 ER in 4 1/3 IP -- this time to the lowly A's.
                  Yeah, I was trying to trade for him a few months ago and I offered my under performing Nate Lowe for the under performing Cease. I was told that Cease was going to get 250 K's and required a better offer such as my soon-to-be-returning-from-the-IL Bryce Harper lol. Now I'm glad I didn't get stuck with Cease.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    Eloy to miss the entire series in Colorado as he recovers from a groin strain that originated last December while planting seeds.
                    Hmmmn...what kind of seeds?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Hmmmn...what kind of seeds?
                      You'll have to do the math.

Comment

• White Sox placed Michael Kopech on the 15-day IL, retroactive to September 17, with a right knee injury. Kopech had surgery to remove a cyst from the knee.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The White Sox placed Luis Robert on the 10-day IL with a mild MCL sprain in his left knee.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Liam Hendriks was named the AL Comeback Player of the Year.

He’ll miss the entire 2024 season following TJ surgery , and will have a chance to reclaim his crown during the 2025 season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• WhiteSox have announced that Garrett Crochet will be their opening day starter (!). Crochet not only has never started a single game in either the majors or minors (!!), but since being drafted in 2020 he has pitched a grand total of 85.3 innings in pro ball. He made to MLB shortly after being drafted (he might have been the 1st 2020 draftee to appear in MLB) but he's been hurt most of time since getting drafted, including missing all of 2022 and most of last year. I had thoughts of scooping him up for a buck or maybe an early round pick but it's probably goodbye to that now. For the record, he has a 2.71 ERA in MLB and hasnt given up an ER in ST in 9 IP w 12 Ks and 0 BBs.

Comment

• White Sox’ manager Pedro Grifol told reporters after Friday’s loss to the Royals that Luis Robert Jr. suffered a right hip flexor injury.

It’s the same hip that Robert injured during the 2021 campaign and wound up missing half the season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X